cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

Can't help but really look forward to this, despite wanting the most recent trilogy to be left well enough alone. At least this is seemingly leaving that alone about as much as you can without completely rebooting it again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

On board with the monkeying around here. Also, the beach here looks kinda like the beach in the new Avatar movie? Or maybe I'm just tired lol

Idk, but both are filmed in Oceania (Avatar in New Zealand and this in Australia). Same Writers and Weta is a VFX company for both.

Edited by Youngstar

On 10/21/2023 at 4:17 AM, emoviefan said:

Yep I am a big fan the Ceasar Trilogy but War probably got a little too dark and depressing for the GA and that's why it underperformed. If they lighten up just enough I can see it breaking out in what will be a pretty barren summer. 

This is pretty much the reason I haven't watched it yet myself, despite really liking the other Apes movies. So you do have a point.

27 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

OK, this looks cool, I guess I should watch the last one despite how depressing that one sounds

Yeah I'm mostly all in. Nothing truly outstanding and it doesn't seem like the tech has advanced like how every subsequent film in the previous trilogy saw noticeable improvements, but it's really good. Also visually looks really nice in general, it looks like a real movie shot on real locations which is where the bar is at these days. I'm so hoping this is great.