cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

This was my favorite new trailer we got yesterday; does a great job selling the plot after the first trailer was mostly "hey, back to the Ape Planet!" I think at the box office this can land closer to Dawn than War, mostly because the timeline jump means this is a semi-reboot that doesn't require knowing anything other than the broad basics of the franchise, and it looks like a pretty straight-forward adventure flick with an easy-to-understand plot. Wish Andy Serkis could have returned in a new role though, the way Roddy McDowell moved from playing Cornelius to Caesar in the original series.

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Just keep in mind that a few weeks ago he was hearing that Disney was high on the movie because of positive test screenings. What is the truth? Maybe this was just one bad screening that means nothing in the end. 

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

EmpireCity said it is great and Sneider said it was bad, it's like Godzilla v Kong of compulsive liars nobody should believe.

I think this time we should believe Sneider. There's also an user on Letterboxd who claims he's seen it. I think he's Alan Alda's grandson. I see no reason why he'd lie about seeing it. Check his rating https://letterboxd.com/jakealdacoffey/films/

EDIT: OOPs. i thought i was in the Godzilla vs Kong thread

Edited by Maggie

59 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

EmpireCity said it is great and Sneider said it was bad, it's like Godzilla v Kong of compulsive liars nobody should believe.

Sneider is more reliable, so I'll take Sneider's word on it. He was right about The Marvels.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Sneider is more reliable, so I'll take Sneider's word on it. He was right about The Marvels.

Yep and he got shat on for that. Vindication must be sweet. He was also right about Mando and Grogu (Mando movie by his report) being the first SW movie to get made and released. I don't remember his misses (he must have some too all scoopers do) but it's been hit after hit lately.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I think this time we should believe Sneider. There's also an user on Letterboxd who claims he's seen it. I think he's Alan Alda's grandson. I see no reason why he'd lie about seeing it. Check his rating https://letterboxd.com/jakealdacoffey/films/

EDIT: OOPs. i thought i was in the Godzilla vs Kong thread

mistake aside, who gives a flying fuck what Alan Alda's nobody of a grandson thinks?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

mistake aside, who gives a flying fuck what Alan Alda's nobody of a grandson thinks?

Well, he apparently saw a screening of the movie. He's as reliable as Jeff Sneider in his reporting the KOTPOTA sucks

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

They’re both hacks who just say anything for engagement. I don’t think I need to explain why Empire is crazy. As for Sneider I remember he said the strikes were all but over in October…obviously that wasn’t true.

The film is only a few months away, we don’t need to hang on their every word.

• Like 1