cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

39 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Why? If anything Zelda would be something new for him and on paper has lot of potential of things go right 

The fandom has really brought out the pitchforks towards him. I don’t think it’s fair honestly, but it seems clear Zelda fans have made up their mind about him being a bad choice and it will be very hard to change it. Zelda was always going to be a million times harder to please fans than Mario anyways, so I’d just bounce if he has a successful franchise with this if I were him.

• Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The fandom has really brought out the pitchforks towards him. I don’t think it’s fair honestly, but it seems clear Zelda fans have made up their mind about him being a bad choice and it will be very hard to change it. Zelda was always going to be a million times harder to please fans than Mario anyways, so I’d just bounce if he has a successful franchise with this if I were him.

He has the right idea for Zelda. 

Whom do they want to direct? James Cameron? Lol fanboys expect too much from their beloved properties. No "name" director would be interested in doing this unless it is Sam Raimi

Wes Ball I feel can pull off a visual stunner and handle action very well if the studio and producers are on page with him. My only concern is Avi Arad. 

21 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

That's actually very surprising to me. I thought Furiosa would be the one to move. Felt Apes was set in stone

Cannes is after May 10th so it makes sense considering that theyre probably just copying Fury Road's rollout for Furiosa

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

What's with all of these movies moving up?

I mean, a lot of them have made some sense. Especially this one.

Having two major releases coming out during Memorial Day weekend would have been a bit much. Apes and Furiosa would have eaten each other alive. This gives them much more room to breathe.

Edited by NoobSaibot

As long as international markets follow it should have the advantage of back-to-back holidays in Europe (Ascension Day on the 9th and Whit Monday on the 20th). Could boost OS numbers a bit.

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Release doesn’t matter much here. This movie is relying on amazing WOM or else it has little chance to succeed. 

It's been written by the same people that wrote the previous 3 films so I think we can at least be hopeful that it'll be similar quality to those?

I don't see why you'd write this off as a flop regardless of how good it is, every Apes movie seems to find a decent sized audience. One of the longest running franchises in history, I think it'll be OK.

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

It's been written by the same people that wrote the previous 3 films so I think we can at least be hopeful that it'll be similar quality to those?

I don't see why you'd write this off as a flop regardless of how good it is, every Apes movie seems to find a decent sized audience. One of the longest running franchises in history, I think it'll be OK.

Huh? I said it has to get great WOM, how is that writing it off? This franchise has a pretty hard cap for reach, so quality is imperative for them to do anything. 

Disney was stupid for not jumping on that first weekend of May, before Fall Guy took the spot. Now we are getting a mid budget movie to start the summer before the real blockbuster opens on the 2nd weekend.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney was stupid for not jumping on that first weekend of May, before Fall Guy took the spot. Now we are getting a mid budget movie to start the summer before the real blockbuster opens on the 2nd weekend.

Yeah they had that date locked for first CA BNW and then DP 3 why they did not just move Apes there is a mystery.  I am a massive fan of the Cesar trilogy and can't wait for Kingdom but I think The Fall Guy has much more heat and is likely to be a blockbuster than Apes right now.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1