cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

42 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this will get a Super Bowl spot. Timing seems to work out.

Yep Disney normally goes all in for Super Bowl spots. This, DP 3 and maybe IO2 will get spots.

Edited by emoviefan

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Reputable people now saying this is the second spot for the super bowl. History indicates they'll probably have a third ad buy, my guess would be for streaming.

Wasted money. I don't think this does more than 100M

5 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

I say double that. This is doing 200 for suuuuure. (If it's as good as the first three) 

That would be great. Love the Ceasar Trilogy and this looks great but in terns of BO it probably peaked with Dawn. 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:50 PM, Maggie said:

Wasted money. I don't think this does more than 100M

It’s like watching someone try to squeeze juice from a rock the way Disney have been trying to resuscitate these Fox movies. Fox exhausted their movie franchises long ago. Nobody wants: 3 SVOD animated Wimpy Kids, an SVOD Ice Age, an SVOD animated Night at The Museum, How I Met Your Father, a Doogie Houser reboot, a Wonder Years reboot, a True Lies TV show, and Home Alone 7. They were wise to cancel that Sandlot sequel before they started filming.

They struck gold with Prey. Too bad they stuck it on Hulu.

Edited by AJG

If this sees an increase, I'll say it peaks at $520m WW. The numbers that War of the Planet of the Apes generated scares me away from outright planting this into the ground as a surefire hit, but I'm not too pessimistic that I expect it to flop.

Edited by NoobSaibot