cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

Looks good to me. I think Wes Ball is a n under rated director and really enjoyed the first Maze Runner.

For the last films, it's funny I think Reeves made the best film (Dawn) and the worst (War).

I know I'm in the minority but The Batman felt like War for me as well. The same style and issues I had were present in both.. Overly long, poorly paced, dull and dour with uninteresting characters.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:14 AM, Dominic Draper said:

Looks good to me. I think Wes Ball is a n under rated director and really enjoyed the first Maze Runner.

For the last films, it's funny I think Reeves made the best film (Dawn) and the worst (War).

I know I'm in the minority but The Batman felt like War for me as well. The same style and issues I had were present in both.. Overly long, poorly paced, dull and dour with uninteresting characters.

The big problem with War is there was no war. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

really think Disney should move this up to May 3rd, sharing screens with 2 other major movies will do it no favors even if it's a holiday weekend 

Yep still don't know why Disney is dragging their feet on this. No way Apes and Furiosa both stick to that date.One will have to move. . It's not like it will be a crowded summer with no room to breathe.

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:
9 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yep still don't know why Disney is dragging their feet on this. No way Apes and Furiosa both stick to that date.One will have to move. . It's not like it will be a crowded summer with no room to breathe.

Too late Universal just moved the Fall Guy to that date. 

I lol’d at Disney’s marketing chief publicly  boasting about trailer numbers (which are decent for the franchise but nothing mind blowing by any stretch). You know they’ve got it bad right now when it’s come to trailer views being the only positive thing they can think to shout out right now. 

21 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Weird ass movie to start the summer movie season with. But I'm interested in what Gosling does next after being in his biggest hit ever in Barbie as Ken.

I guess you could say weird in the fact that's it not a comic book movie which I think is the first non covid affected year since 2006 when MI 3 opened.  It seems like this is a sign Universal is really confident in the Fall Guy. Gosling and Blunt are both hot coming off Barbenheimer. 

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think there is a hard cap on this franchise, and based on the most successful ones adjusted, I’d say that’s about 300 DOM. But I think this could near that if reception is great AND it’s not super unorthodox like War was for a blockbuster. Obviously weak comp is the advantage here. 

It wont have weak comp if it sticks to that date and so does furiosa. One of those movies has to blink and move to a date that is not May 3rd now. 

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Saw the trailer before "Marvles'. they seem to be channeling the original 1967 Heston POTA pretty hard.

I got the same feeling. Like they will try to connect them somehow, the beach scene especially is suspect.

Nonetheless, I'm wondering when they will run out of names for the title.