cax16

Kingdom of the Planet Of The Apes | May 10, 2024 | Wes Ball to develop and direct

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, is this meant to be take place way into the future where all the characters from the previous trilogy are dead? Because I thought Owen Teague was playing Ceasar’s son?

I've been wondering for a while how far removed it would be from War and according to the new description to the trailer it's "several generations" after.

Edited by Lucas

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, is this meant to be take place way into the future where all the characters from the previous trilogy are dead? Because I thought Owen Teague was playing Ceasar’s son?

Pretty sure he is. Freya Allen is probably  playing the girl from the last movie(Nova). Which would indicate a timejump of maybe like 10 years.

Can't wait for this. Love the Ceasar trilogy. This does look like it lightens up a lot from War which should help it at the Box Office. They seem to be planting the flag on Memorial Day weekend. Do not see this and Furiosa both opening that weekend. Sure one is  PG-13 and the other R but they still target the same audience for the most part. We don't need a another DR Part 1and Oppenheimer situation here.  The summer will be pretty open for these movies to have a weekend to themselves.

Looks like what a plenet of the apes by the maze runner guy was always gonna look like. Feel like I took Matt Reeves for granted on the two he did; his absence is sorely felt for me. Just getting Rise of the Beasts flashbacks rn

• Knock It Off 2

Ok, so apparently Owen Teague isn’t playing Caesar’s son, but a new character named Noa, and Freya Allan isn’t playing Nova, but a new character named Mae, who also happens to be a feral human. In other words, this does indeed take place after all the characters in the Caesar trilogy are dead. Basically, it’s less TFA and more TNG. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Ok, so apparently Owen Teague isn’t playing Caesar’s son, but a new character named Noa, and Freya Allan isn’t playing Nova, but a new character named Mae, who also happens to be a feral human. In other words, this does indeed take place after all the characters in the Caesar trilogy are dead. Basically, it’s less TFA and more TNG. 

Makes sense.  If it was just Cornelious and Nova 10 years later there would be no mystery or discovery.