Eric Duncan

No1Curr Weekend Thread: Playmobil $660K OW, one of the lowest in history for 2,000+ theaters

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Not that China serves as a super great indication of DOM, but the details for those who don’t frequent the China section:   
Jumanji 2 opened with $39M and ended about $78M   
Jumanji 3 has gotten much worse ratings and will probably open about $25M and end with around the first one’s OW, if not less

I'm probably reading this long, but you say its total Chinese box office will likely be 39 million after making 25 million in its first week?

How short is its play window?

6 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'm probably reading this long, but you say its total Chinese box office will likely be 39 million after making 25 million in its first week?

How short is its play window?

You read correctly, but I’m being a bit optimistic about legs there.    

Play window is the standard month, but it doesn’t really matter. 10 days or 100, people will just stop seeing it.  

Edit: Just to be clear, 25ish is the first weekend not the first week.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

13 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

You read correctly, but I’m being a bit optimistic about legs there.    

Play window is the standard month, but it doesn’t really matter. 10 days or 100, people will just stop seeing it.  

Edit: Just to be clear, 25ish is the first weekend not the first week.

Ah

@Arendelle Legion Yup, know that there isn't a consistent balance at all between China and US reception, but the lack of growth and total after a decently / well received first film speaks to the dearth of growth that a lot of us here in the US have been concerned about for awhile.

Its crazy that the film just doesn't seem to have any "air" to it's lungs - and yes, I know that other sequels and franchises have overcome it but I can't help feeling It 2 / Annabelle 3 / Ted 2 etc in which the films were following well received previous installments and just couldn't get the same buzz going - granted Annabelle faced a different set of circumstances but still...

• Like 1

I hope The Addams Family expansion can get it near 100M!

Playmobil is the movie that should have gone straight to streaming. 

Shaun The Sheep: Farmageddon getting picked up by Netflix US is for the best as well. 

22 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Oh my god, it might challenge Delgo :ohmygod:   

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Should just provide some perspective. This is Oogieloves' first Friday (Playmobil could have a PTA as low as 60-70 lmao):

Aug 31, 2012 Friday 23 $124,760 +1.4% - 2,160 $57  

daa.gif

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Frozen is fine, its already made more than 300m which is way higher than any film opening in this corridor. Also wanting it to hold as well as Frozen 1 was expecting best case. 🤷‍♂️ its doing fine for a film aiming at 450m 

That Playmobile # though  😂😂