Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: SW 26.2/25.3/21 72.5M | Jumanji 11.7/12.4/11 35.1M | Frozen 6/5.85/5.3 17.15M

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

All of Europe by end 2020 for Disney plus. Globally end of 2021 with a few exceptions perhaps. Global subscribers will skyrocket as it's soooooo cheap and easy to share for families. 4 separate streams, 7 profiles with 4k is cheap at $7 hell cheap at $9.99. Annual discount is there too.

The price was the biggest reason why I got Disney plus. I did the yearly thing and with tax it’s $6 monthly. I’ve used it quite a bit while I’ve been on my break lol I imagine for someone who has kids it’s a steal! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The price was the biggest reason why I got Disney plus. I did the yearly thing and with tax it’s $6 monthly. I’ve used it quite a bit while I’ve been on my break lol I imagine for someone who has kids it’s a steal! 

Yes indeed it is! Plus no payment for 3 years. $150 for 3 years beat my Netflix deal of 65% off 3 years. Sadly I won't be able to even remotely replicate that. Paid off till June 2021.

Just now, Marcos12 said:

The Witcher (updated) demand is  126,818,590, And as I said, this is demand in the US, which is where Mandalorian / Star Wars is strongest (along with some countries in Europe,  in Asia and Latin America Star wars is pretty weak), abroad The Witcher will probably be much more popular.Overall-3.jpg

Disney+ is not even in most international countries, the comparison doesn't make any sense. It's like comparing movie 1's NA BO with movie 2's WW BO.

SW is very strong in Europe too. Mandalorian will do great there. Mandalorian is surprisingly quite popular in China.

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yes indeed it is! Plus no payment for 3 years. $150 for 3 years beat my Netflix deal of 65% off 3 years. Sadly I won't be able to even remotely replicate that. Paid off till June 2021.

Ugh I’m so upset I missed out on that 3 year deal. I’m hoping they bring it back but I doubt it. Either way $70 for the year isn’t too bad and much cheaper than other streaming services so I can’t complain too much lol 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Ugh I’m so upset I missed out on that 3 year deal. I’m hoping they bring it back but I doubt it. Either way $70 for the year isn’t too bad and much cheaper than other streaming services so I can’t complain too much lol 

They had $60 for the year (that's what I got)...I figure I'll wait til next Nov to see if they repeat the deal:)...

Hulu had $1.99/month, so that was also a steal...not sure if that will repeat as well, but next Nov, I'll be looking or rotating content (since I'm giving up DC Universe this spring, since I picked up Disney Plus for the year, and I don't need both at once)...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I got the 3 year deal plus one year free with Verizon unlimited plan, so 4 years for $150 or just over $3/month.

• Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Doctorofcredit and Slickdeals

Never miss a deal again! (Just kidding I miss them all the time lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

This is because Mandalorian is a weekly show while The Witcher releases the whole season at once. It's very unfair to compare them directly.

I don't think it has a big impact, Titans which is not even a big show, are ahead of Mandalorian (on Mandalorian debut), and Titans is also a weekly show.    

unnamed.png?w=635&h=423

And this research is made in  US, overseas I doubt Mandalorian is a popular show, Star Wars is not as strong overseas as it is in the US (in Asia and Latin America Star Wars is very weak,  except Japan).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

They had $60 for the year (that's what I got)...I figure I'll wait til next Nov to see if they repeat the deal:)...

Hulu had $1.99/month, so that was also a steal...not sure if that will repeat as well, but next Nov, I'll be looking or rotating content (since I'm giving up DC Universe this spring, since I picked up Disney Plus for the year, and I don't need both at once)...

I hope they repeat the deal. I feel like I missed out on all the deals. I signed up earlier this year with Verizon so I missed out on their Netflix promo and their Disney plus promo. Instead I got the useless amazon prime membership. 

Im hoping as new shows drop, they offer special deals to get subscribers in. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

I don't think it has a big impact, Titans which is not even a big show, are ahead of Mandalorian (on Mandalorian debut), and Titans is also a weekly show.    

unnamed.png?w=635&h=423

And this research is made in  US, overseas I doubt Mandalorian is a popular show, Star Wars is not as strong overseas as it is in the US (in Asia and Latin America Star Wars is very weak,  except Japan).

I assume one demand means one episode being wwatched. Mando's debut weekend has only one episode.

• Like 1

@MCKillswitch123 Fantastic holiday weekend around here, with Star Wars leading the way.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_26_a_29_dezembro_2019_313715e09d2141fe25.pdf

Jumanji and Frozen are going insane at the box office. I mean, holy shit, they can't stop, won't stop.

Strong openings for Spies in Disguise and Jexi. Fantastic holds for Knives Out, Shaun the Sheep and Qu'est-ce qu'on a encore fait au bon Dieu?.

And now lets mention the elephant in the room, holy shit at Cats. It barely opened above Line of Duty and The Courier. This thing of releasing Universal movies without NOS Cinemas is brutal. Most people aren't even aware these movies exist. Right now in the top 40 we can see Cats, Last Christmas and Abominable and it is a fucking disaster. I am not sure what is the point of continuing this.

• Like 4