Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, Menor said:

and I didn't really understand how Wanda was able to reabsorb her powers when she realized that Agatha had tricked her. 

quote Menor, somehow something didn‘t work like planned

my answer:

Spoiler

I feel like she (Wanda/SW) prepared the red runes rather fast after learning that detail, not as late as some might think.

And as such was able to ~ order / hex the stolen power back.

That might also have been possible for a magic rules reason: as Agatha stated earlier she takes into her the power of the undeservings, but Wanda made a U-turn, so the power might not be as absorbable as usual too.

It might have been a mix between SW in a way letting out a part of her pain, like screaming, like if crying and someone trying to stop that, the hurt one pinching the person who tries to stop, in this case Agatha who does not try to stop the hurt, and as such offers a nice little target.

Like in the greed Agatha has for it her not even looking for any other possible detail happening around her, distracting her till Wanda/SW feels up for it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Ups. Do we know any Cliff in the Marvel Universe?

I found two (I am bad with names)

Cliff Randall

Spoiler

alien, sleeper agent, who‘s people including him fled to earth and live hidden beside a few, Cliff works for Nick Fury / SHIELD eg as a very good pilot and stands with the humans against his own people later on. Was in a 1968 series, but not sure if he still lives, some sources say he didn‘t knew himself to be an extra terrestrial. I can not remember the character, either I forgot or missed the series. It was the first of Nck Fury‘s series

and 

Cliff Macklin

Spoiler

who was an important Texas Ranger in the Wild West times of Marvel, worked a lot with Arizona Kid

If they pull him into today‘s timeline,... even bigger maybe, like if he‘d appear later on, per multiverse / break of timeline if that will be involved, but why....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:
  Hide contents

I'm glad that the book Wanda had ended up being the Darkhold. Now if only we can get Wanda to meet the AOS crew. 

Another connection to a name I feel rather often now appears 

Spoiler

Chthon - creator of it, black magic elder daemon god

a lot of times and stories / connections around him and/or that book

Spoiler

including Conan, Red Sonja, Morgan La Fey, Mordred, Merlin, ... vampires (the creation of...) werwolves, zombies (horror), Dr Doom, Baron Zemo, but also in today’s TV series version of Morgan La Fey in Runaways, SHIELD, and Cloak and Dagger, also a maybe factor in why Wanda has so much power, as one background-story of her involves him 

So

Spoiler

if the Darkhold is now officially a MCU thing, will there be a tie-in to Agents of SHIELD in some way since it showed up there first.

99.9% chance no, because Feige wants to ignore the original TV side as much as possible, but ya never know. 

Spoiler

I thoroughly enjoyed pretty much everything, minus the “Quicksilver” part. I have heard a theory that he’s Jimmy Woo’s witness protection person and is actually still Peter Maximoff (who got into this universe somehow, idk) but it seems most likely they just did an annoying meta casting.

Anyway though, it’s hilarious to read all the people who are butthurt because it didn’t validate their theories or are complaining about “plot holes” that aren’t actually plot holes. Just a heads up, not answering your questions isn’t a plot hole.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 5

I'm going to hold off posting my full thoughts on the series until I do my rewatch with my Mom, but I'm mostly just happy it provided my friend and I new AU fodder; since after every week we spent a lot of time thinking: "This would be so much better if Steve was trapped in here too."

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Wondy said:

I'm going to hold off posting my full thoughts on the series until I do my rewatch with my Mom, but I'm mostly just happy it provided my friend and I new AU fodder; since after every week we spent a lot of time thinking: "This would be so much better if Steve was trapped in here too."

Steve would end up babysitting Billy and Tommy on Wandavision's date night because he's that nice a guy.

7 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Steve would end up babysitting Billy and Tommy on Wandavision's date night because he's that nice a guy.

Of course he does.  And He and Fake Peggy (who's really Agatha) came over for dinner once a week before everyone started having kids. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

So

Hide contents

if the Darkhold is now officially a MCU thing, will there be a tie-in to Agents of SHIELD in some way since it showed up there first.

99.9% chance no, because Feige wants to ignore the original TV side as much as possible, but ya never know. 

Spoiler

and Runaways, Cloak & Dagger

See my earlier post, there are at least 2 Cliffs on Earth-616, but about both I am doubting very much to be the one based on the time they ‚lived‘ in the comics, also the missing importance to or within the usual comic worlds

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:
  Hide contents

and Runaways, Cloak & Dagger

See my earlier post, there are at least 2 Cliffs on Earth-616, but about both I am doubting very much to be the one based on the time they ‚lived‘ in the comics, also the missing importance to or within the usual comic worlds

Spoiler

I mean it has a completely different cover and works different from the AOS version, which showed every person reading it different content. Here it work more like a regular grimoire with text that stayed the same for different readers. 

7 hours ago, jatvision said:

@WandaLegion pointed that this would have been just weeks away from DS2 if not for COVID. I don't know exact day, but might as well released a trailer of DS2 in post credits originally.

Wonder why Disney chose to release it and not start with something like Falcon & WS or What If.

Presumably Falcon wasn't ready by January, thanks to the 'rona delaying filming, and for whatever reason WandaVision was able to get further down the tracks.

Disney could have delayed everything by another three months and had nothing major between Mando S2 and FatWS. But if WandaVision was ready to go and there wasn't any massive timeline reasons not to show things "out of order"...

Well, seems a logical enough reason to me to lead off with WandaVision even if it wasn't exactly trad MCU fare.

• Like 4

Spoiler

The series finale will go for about 8.7 I’d guess. Getting some IM3 vibes with the actor fakeout. Between first 3 eps and finale, I would say reception definitely on mixed side. But I loved it, and I’m looking forward to the stuff it set up, and I definitely prefer that Kevin stick to his guns and I think that will work out best in the long run.

Edited by WandaLegion

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Eh, while it's not "OMG amazing" reception, I would say WandaVision reception was overall pretty good. Hard to quantify but maybe in about the Guardians 2/Doctor Strange range of reception if we compare to the films. Some backlash for sure but there are also plenty who rank it as one of the best. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:
  Hide contents

I mean it has a completely different cover and works different from the AOS version, which showed every person reading it different content. Here it work more like a regular grimoire with text that stayed the same for different readers. 

Spoiler

Its looking different in the different comics too, including the ~ metal like cover ~ got added later on for reasons, also there are parts, like even loose pages and/or... also around the world. Btw, that cover also changed the intensity and ability powers of it.

That book has a verrryyy loooong history at Marvel, release date wise i think it was first in the ‘70, and timeline-wise way before pre antique cultures as we know them today too.

• Like 1