filmlover

92nd Academy Awards Nominations - The Official Thread | Joker leads the pack with 11 noms

My hopes are really just Knives Out gets some love, especially in the screenplay category, Marriage Story (which was my favourite of the year) to do well all round.

Haven't seen Parasite yet because of the UK release date but I've heard it fantastic so to see it get a BP nom and not just Foreign nom would be big.

I'd prefer to see Greta Gerwig get in over Todd Phillips for that last director nom.

Some surprises would be nice as well for some of the films that haven't been campaigning super hard or have 'oscar buzz'. Throwing some noms to Us (for Lupita), Uncut Gems, The Lighthouse would be much more interesting.

Edited by FilmFincher

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s unfortunate that there’s probably going to be a lot of drama over Tom Hanks’ almost inevitable nomination. The Internet hates the guy now. 

"The internet" or "some random loud assholes"?

• Like 1