Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Why are people expecting comments to be good on youtube ??

It literally has 2 poc women as lead even if we ignore Carol for once.

This project will never get a easy start.

Even without getting into race stuff, a lot of people have a vendetta against Brie Larson and Captain Marvel for some reason. Well probably not actually a lot of people, but they're very loud.

7 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Even without getting into race stuff, a lot of people have a vendetta against Brie Larson and Captain Marvel for some reason. Well probably not actually a lot of people, but they're very loud.

If there are MCU fans among them, then they have already lost interest in the Avengers franchise, and I don't feel pity for them because they are stupid.

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ah this could explain why it looks a bit more interesting and refreshing than what Marvel have put out recently.

Nia DaCosta directing obviously, but also Sean Bobbitt being the cinematographer (Widows, 12 Years a Slave, Shame). 

All the recent Marvel movies except Thor 4 were shot by great cinematographers. The cinematographer of Avatar shot Spider-man NWH lol.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

All the recent Marvel movies except Thor 4 were shot by great cinematographers. The cinematographer of Avatar shot Spider-man NWH lol.

The Assassination of Bill Pope by the Coward Kevin Feige.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Iman is such perfect casting! MCU humor works best with actual teen characters like Kamala and Peter

Yes. It's refreshing. Reminds of what worked best for me in the MCU Spideys... The teens being teens and actually casting relatively young people to play said teens.

• Like 5

Thought this was a good teaser...I haven't seen Ms.Marvel but Kamala looks fun here. I wonder if trailer will have more focus on Brie...feel like they used teaser to focus more on new characters. One problem with this movie so far is that I don't think your average moviegoer knows this is sequel of Captain Marvel.

1 hour ago, Hiccup23 said:

I haven't seen a Marvel movie since Endgame so I am always lost during these trailers. Looks okay but why do the visuals look off? 

It’d be a miracle if an MCU movie looked visually pleasing at this point, let’s be honest. Efficiency is the name of the game. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

This looks delightful, very energetic, funny and the vibe remembered me of those pre MCU domination time where SH movies are just regular fun movies that wasn´t really trying hard to set up the future. Nia direction seems very precise for what it´s trying to do and it´s nice seeing a more vibrant MCU movie that doesn´t looks like shit, i suppose Love and Thunder was trying to achieve pretty much what this trailer sells but without a good execution

With that said, it does look like the type of movie that will made the average incel to riot, there´s no sex appeal, it looks very juvenile instead of epic and well it does have 2 POC and 1 Brie Larson, so i do expect everything related to this movie to be a shitshow online 

I honestly hope the target audience [women, LGBT´s and you know... normal straights men] support this, it would be kinda sad seeing this flopping and those morons claiming a cultural victory 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I honestly hope the target audience [women, LGBT´s and you know... normal straights men] support this, it would be kinda sad seeing this flopping and those morons claiming a cultural victory 

It is an interesting if unfortunate curio that the two films that these pillocks tend to claim as their greatest 'victories' actually instead came about for roughly the same reason.

Solo and Lightyear

Both movies that Studios, many journalists and a lot of people who follow films but hadn't thought it through simply assumed would be no-brainer megahits based on what are widely assumed to be "great and popular characters"....except that the "great characters" weren't inherently great characters, but only became so due to the context in which they were deployed and the skill of the actor who played them. Indeed both characters were by definition completely bog-standard, borderline boring, tropes (slightly rogueish lawbreaker who comes good; very serious space leader man) which is why they worked incredibly well in the properties they were originally used.

Then they were taken completely out of original context, played by someone new, and deployed in a way that had nothing to do with their original premise or popularity retaining only their generic character base. And so the studios cataclysmically misestimated the inherent appeal of those characters once removed from the context that made them interesting and not their original tropes.

In other words just standard bad business thinking and bad business practice.  And yet they both happened at horrible moments, conincidentally, for those types to do braying online self-congratulatory laps of honour.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

I haven't seen a Marvel movie since Endgame so I am always lost during these trailers. Looks okay but why do the visuals look off? 

I'm curious what people mean by this, specifically? What looks off?

The body switching scenes look excellent, specifically when they're fighting... nega-carol??? idk but the effects to me look pretty darn good for being 7 months away.