Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

13 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess I’ll just go ahead and say for the record that in regards to the alleged feud between Olivia Wilde and Florence Pugh, I don’t think Pugh is a particularly upstanding person herself, and she herself is currently dating a rather questionable man. 

She's not dating anyone right now.. so who is this questionable man lol

• Thanks 1

Budget is $35m

https://puck.news/worry-darling-worry-a-lot/

Florence Pugh, the film’s 26-year-old star, wasn’t a fan of her director disappearing so often with her leading man, according to multiple sources on the project that I spoke to. (Pugh’s rep, Cara Tripicchio, declined to comment.) 

Having said that… Her relationship with Styles during the shoot was pretty obvious and annoying to the three people I spoke to, and the duo were sometimes tough to find during set-ups of shots. Pugh in particular was angered by the absences, according to these sources, and one source personally witnessed a tense conversation about this issue between the two. It doesn’t seem like a great environment. 

Then, in the same interview, Wilde B) claimed that LaBeouf was replaced in Darling to “protect the cast” from his “combative energy.” (She didn’t say “fired,” that was Variety’s word, but her story contradicted the “scheduling conflicts” line that Warners had fed to the media, violating the unwritten rule that filmmakers have about not criticizing talent publicly, however nuts they might be, and creating another spate of not-helpful headlines.) In the actor community, however, the message was clear: beware to those who work with Wilde in the future.

Cue another round of headlines, with more Shia emails leaking online, including a new one tonight claiming that Wilde tried to continue working with him on a music video after she supposedly fired him. I’m told more are about to be released, and Wilde sat for a separate Vanity Fair interview that hasn’t come out yet, so God knows what she said there.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

She's not dating anyone right now.. so who is this questionable man lol

I wasn’t aware that she and Zach Braff broke up, but it should be pretty obvious I was talking about him. There’s also her support for a certain other actor, but that’s too much of a can of worms. 

Edited by WittyUsername

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I wasn’t aware that she and Zach Braff broke up, but it should be pretty obvious I was talking about him. There’s also her support for a certain other actor, but that’s too much of a can of worms. 

I mean that's not really relevant to the topic here since it was never claimed Olivia fired Shia due to abuse allegations. But her using the fact that Shia has since been in trouble on that front to make up stories to look better is rather gross/cynical. 

22 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean that's not really relevant to the topic here since it was never claimed Olivia fired Shia due to abuse allegations. But her using the fact that Shia has since been in trouble on that front to make up stories to look better is rather gross/cynical. 

I never said anything regarding that. I was referring to the alleged feud between Wilde and Pugh. 

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Budgeted at $20m but ballooned due to Covid impact/delays. Speaking of Covid:

Darling was one of the first Warners movies to start after the Covid shutdowns. As such, Wilde would often hold meetings preaching Covid safety and asking cast and crew to avoid large gatherings, especially around the holidays. Then she and Styles appeared together at the early January wedding of Jeffrey Azoff, Styles’ manager, at San Ysidro Ranch. Some on the crew took that as a sign that the safety rules Wilde preached didn’t apply to her and Styles.

Give it another few days and one of the trades will confirm the ghost directing rumors, too, haha! All the other TikTok rumors about DWD seem to be true.

If Pugh — who has remained silent so far — is only doing press in Venice ahead of Don’t Worry Darling’s release, it doesn’t bode well for her willingness to embark on a full-fledged campaign. (It should also be noted that Wilde pulled out of an interview with THR ahead of the Venice premiere.)

All of that noise only creates intrigue around the property, and won’t have any negative impact when it comes to the box office. Currently the opening weekend outlook is in the high teens for Don’t Worry Darling, but there’s a tremendous potential for upside here on this multi-genre romance which also stars Florence Pugh and Chris Pine; it would not be shocking if the pic ascends to a $20M+ start which would be a nice 3-day for what is a dry fall sans any major tentpoles. 

About the movie itself: 

Despite all the chatter about Pugh being upset on set, we hear from those who’ve seen Don’t Worry Darling that the movie is truly a love letter to the actress’ range: she’s in every frame and exudes in a tale about a damsel who refuses to be in distress anymore. It sounds like this R-rated movie could be an ultimate double feature with the Little Women Oscar nominee’s 2019 genre pic Midsommar. 

https://deadline.com/2022/09/dont-worry-darling-harry-styles-florence-pugh-box-office-projection-1235105304/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

All of that noise only creates intrigue around the property, and won’t have any negative impact when it comes to the box office.

Yes, these are all carefully orchestrated pr stunts. the average person is too naive (stupid) to recognize that 

Edited by Flopped

4 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Does Olivia Wilde know she is the director of the film?

Every time she speaks she is making things worse for the movie. WB's PR team must fuming.

Considering the past 12 mos for WB, whatever their PR team is getting paid, it's not enough.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

What happened now?

She said she learn a lot of lessons to be a director because she starred in many bad movies 

Honestly i have no idea why people are so angry about this, it's such a common statement saying you made bad movies, and in her case she really act in a LOT of shitty movies.