Ryan Reynolds

Don't Worry Darling | Sep 23 2022 | We’re Just Here For The Mess

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

She arrived before the press conference. Completely ignored the press conference, and then stayed long enough to change and do a photoshoot. 

:bravo: she's bringing some serious Golden Age Hollywood Diva vibes which is what movie stars should be. Enough with fake "we are just like everyone else...except that we live in 10M mansions which comes really handy when your state is in the lockdown" modesty.

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I may get killed for this, but i just don't like this Pugh person. Something about her rubs me the wrong way. I know i'm the only one, but i feel sorry for Wilde in this whole drama with Pugh

She comes across as one of those people who likes to preach about feminism when it specifically pertains to herself, but is otherwise indifferent to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, the media/tabloids seem to be destroying Wilde over her relationship with Styles, don’t they? 

Not really. For months it has been mostly Styles stans doing a twitter crusade against her and some gossip about an alleged feud with Pugh that most people considered typical tabloid bullshit. But the general sentiment online I think was fairly positive for her until like a week ago. People def took her side when she was served with divorce papers on stage and called the whole thing a pretty low blow by Sudeikis.

It wasn't until the Shia receipts came in and the Miss Flo video that the climate flipped on her. And it wasn't because of Harry Styles. She was caught with her pants down trying to use a casting change to score some girlboss points while badmouthing her lead on camera. That's it really. Sexism exists, women get criticized unfairly, Harry Styles fans are truly deranged but Wilde has only herself to blame for this mess.

I also truly find this whole saga very entertaining, I don't even care about the movie anymore. Miss Flo arriving in Venice minutes after the press conferance is over? can't make up this shit.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Sorry but wtf are you talking about?

I know of no work place where the boss hooking up with a subordinate is appropriate. Gender does not matter. It is an especially bad look if the others are ongoing relationships. That is def, judgement worthy behavior. This type of things has ended many careers.

https://debbest.com/2019/11/a-ceo-cant-have-a-consensual-employee-relationship-because-its-harassment-in-business-and-at-work/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/business/dealbook/mcdonalds-ceo.html

Directors cast romantic partners in lead roles, singers date backup dancers, actresses hook up with bodyguards- these things go on to this day. Apply these boss/employee scenarios to a regular multi-million corporation and HR is all over it. In showbiz, not so much, as long as they're all consenting adults who people like, hotness also helps.

Anyone who's brought up that Wilde was Styles' boss in a way on DWD, and questioned the propriety of their involvement during filming, as a result... Any criticism of that gets brushed aside as being a private matter that's no one's business, tabloid nonsense, or jealous/bitter fangirls. "They're consenting adults, it's fine!" has fallen out of favor as a defense of boss/employee flings in the real world, but for Hollywood, you're supposed to be all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it, or else you're a moral scold. Even to people who are generally pearl-clutchy about these issues in other, non-showbiz workplaces. It's just an interesting phenomenon.

As for the press conference, it sounds like maybe Styles should have skipped it? Maybe Florence really just couldn't deal with listening to Harry talk, LOL...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Not really. For months it has been mostly Styles stans doing a twitter crusade against her and some gossip about an alleged feud with Pugh that most people considered typical tabloid bullshit. But the general sentiment online I think was fairly positive for her until like a week ago. People def took her side when she was served with divorce papers on stage and called the whole thing a pretty low blow by Sudeikis.

It wasn't until the Shia receipts came in and the Miss Flo video that the climate flipped on her. And it wasn't because of Harry Styles. She was caught with her pants down trying to use a casting change to score some girlboss points while badmouthing her lead on camera. That's it really. Sexism exists, women get criticized unfairly, Harry Styles fans are truly deranged but Wilde has only herself to blame for this mess.

I also truly find this whole saga very entertaining, I don't even care about the movie anymore. Miss Flo arriving in Venice minutes after the press conferance is over? can't make up this shit.

I’m not even talking about the Shia thing. That’s an entirely different can of worms. There just seemed to be plenty of tabloid news about her relationship with Styles that made it feel like it was the 1990s all over again. 

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not even talking about the Shia thing. That’s an entirely different can of worms. There just seemed to be plenty of tabloid news about her relationship with Styles that made it feel like it was the 1990s all over again. 

I'm not following gossip that closely to really know but Styles is the kind of celebrity that would be on tabloids for real or made-up reasons every other week. So it makes sense their relationship would be heavily covered anyway.

But I didn't get the sense that she was labeled "Cheater" or "House-ruinerer like it's the 90s. Like I said until a couple of a weeks ago I think she had a fair amount of good will both from the media and from the "movie/cinephile internet" that actually knows who she is.

Edited by Joel M

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

She comes across as one of those people who likes to preach about feminism when it specifically pertains to herself, but is otherwise indifferent to it. 

She is the new JLaw...talented, it girl, comic book franchise, seems to be in every film..but will slowly fade away when the new it girls arrives 

2 hours ago, Hades said:

She is the new JLaw...talented, it girl, comic book franchise, seems to be in every film..but will slowly fade away when the new it girls arrives 

Peak JLaw was much more popular than Flo currently is. JLaw won best actress the same year she starred in a record smashing blockbuster. JLaw's 2012 is up there with any other stars breakout year aside from Jim Carrey's 1994. Flo isn't even close. 

• Like 2