Eric the Minion

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Just now, Eric Knoxville said:

Warner never does the Super Bowl. Ever.

I think Batman Begins was the last time they did the Superbowl. BvS and WW84 had a small presence at the Superbowl thanks to Turkish Airlines and Tide, but WB have sat out the event for 17 years now.

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

WB wrote off their 2021 before it even started. 

Yeah, their 2021 slate was frankly pretty bad from a marketability standpoint aside from Godzilla vs Kong. With their big day and date move, that slate could at least be used to boost their streaming service. Certainly better than quietly bombing in theaters.

• Like 1

Officially rated a 15 here in the UK.

First Batman film to get this rating since Batman Returns, which has since been revised to a 12A.

(Remember it’s different from an R, no one under 15 can go, even if accompanied. I’m sure it’ll still do well, Joker did. But yes,

families eliminated) 

Edited by Krissykins

Just now, Krissykins said:

First Batman film to get this rating since Batman Returns. 

(Remember it’s different from an R, no one under 15 can go, even if accompanied. I’m sure it’ll still do well, Joker did. But yes,

families eliminated) 

I'm pretty sure the appeal to kids that  young was minimal anyway.

16 hours ago, grim22 said:

I think Batman Begins was the last time they did the Superbowl. BvS and WW84 had a small presence at the Superbowl thanks to Turkish Airlines and Tide, but WB have sat out the event for 17 years now.

LMAO those BvS Turkish Airlines promos were the shizz and got people searching for flights to Gotham and Metropolis

Probably my favorite non-promo marketing pieces for superhero films. 

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

I'll never forget when my mom took 10-year-old me to see Dark Knight. The complex emotions I had walking out were tremendous...though I'll fully admit 10-year-old me was a gigantic wuss, so that probably played a part in me being freaked out by the film.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Kids aged 10-15? I was into Batman when I was like 6 lol. 

That’s a sweeping statement. Plus, quite obviously, it doesn’t just cut out the kids, it can cut out their parents because they can’t take them. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Maggie said:

Hmm, I dunno. TDK and TDKR both had done more than The Avengers and Ultron which doesn't seem possible without a substantial contribution from families with smaller kids. I remember someone relatively famous whining about TDK's milder rating coz of The Joker's antics in the film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Looks like the last time they've participated in the Super Bowl was 2006 (16 Blocks, V for Vendetta, Poseidon). List seems rather incomplete though.

List of Super Bowl commercials - Wikipedia

50 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

First Batman film to get this rating since Batman Returns, which has since been revised to a 12A.

families eliminated) 

It's not confirmed yet. Only the trailer has been rated.

• Like 1