Eric S'ennui

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

1 hour ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

WHERE'S THE TRIGGER!

https://youtu.be/4S-ZJwAaof4

Batman begins and TDK are kino but TDKR is not.

I loved Bane. I never used to care for TDKR but repeat viewings and 9 years of MCU movies have appreciate it more over time, even if it did have one of the worst death scenes of any movie, it also had some of the best scenes of any CBM, and Bane's dialogue was so iconic that people still quote it regularly to this day

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Good first hour but everything after that was bit of a letdown. Feel like Nolan movies have kind of perfected the formula, wish this was more dramatic and had memorable dialogues like those. I did like the look of this and the score elevates the movie.

I would agree with you generally that the Nolan movies really sustained a terrific build throughout, but rewatching TDKR last week made me realize how strongly I dislike that 3rd act lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Zoe Kravitz drop a statement about yesterday interview out of context that make people used to start attacking Christopher Nolan for being racist when she auditioned for TDKR

Funny that people were apparently just now hearing about this, when she shared this story back in 2015. 

• Like 4

Just left the film an hour ago.

It's stunningly made and is the most beautifully filmed superhero film ever. Every technical aspect reaches near perfection. Story is interesting, and for the first time, you actually felt like the city itself was the main character. You could feel the corruption and deceit seep through every pore. Pattinson was good, but the best were Farrell, Kravitz, and Dano. 

Like I said, Pattinson was good, but nowhere near Christian Bale in terms of charisma and impact.

I really thought Batman became a lot more interesting whenever Selina was around - and this is the best story for Catwoman in any Batman film so far for sure. Kravitz does a great job playing her, and my fucking God, does the camera love her. 

Farrell was absolutely wonderful, and his role was not as small as I thought which was good. Everyone in the movie was good - my only nitpick was that Serkis as Alfred fell flat as hell for me. 

Strong ending, and found the third act overall to be just as good as the first two, if not better. Don't understand why some dislike it. 

My major qualm is that this film really needed more humour and warmth. I'm sorry, but if you're gonna have a near three hour film, I should get something more than a chuckle once every hour. Bleak as hell.

A-

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Zoe Kravitz drop a statement about yesterday interview out of context that make people used to start attacking Christopher Nolan for being racist when she auditioned for TDKR

The media is so embarrassing. Clickbait is disgusting.  

Zoe is such a queen for putting them on their place

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Nolan's worst is still in the top 10 comic book movies of all time

Nolan’s worst? Lol nope it’s one of his best. And one of only 2 of his billion dollar films. 

Also it’s not shiny new toy syndrome. The Batman is the comics brought to life, Nolan’s trilogy was good but was too realistic for me. The Batman strikes a good balance