Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, exomassey said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra-miller-the-flash-1235277665/amp/

Flash has been ‘extraordinarily well received in test screenings.’

WB consider it one of DC ‘strongest theatrical efforts.’

Aside from all the drama, looks like all the test screening stuff is true. This film could do really well. 

You think the WB PR department will say anything else?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

It would be a real shame if the movie turns out to be really good after all the years of director drama only to have it torpedoed by this violent weirdo terrorizing an entire island. 

That won't happen.

I don't think Miller will hurt the film....but it will be his last appreance as the FLash. He is just too big a risk ,and the completion insurance for any film starring him will be astronomic. Flash will be recast.

But, yeah, it the fact he is so violent that seems to be a career ender at least for now. He might well go the way of RDJ and have to leave the industry for a number of years.

• Like 1

I never really trust test screening stuff but I really do hope the movie is good, there’s so many aspects I’m excited for as I’m a big flash fan and am really looking forward to seeing supergirl. 

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

https://www.avclub.com/warner-bros-ezra-miller-the-flash-cant-recast-1849008505/amp

It’s as I said before, recasting Miller would be far too expensive and time consuming. They just need to hope that Miller can stay out of any further trouble before the movie comes out. 

Warners is continuing it's policy of keeping totally silent on Miller's legal problems. No doubt on the advice of it's legal staff as wel as it's PR department.

As for Warner's options, they really only have one: Roll the die with the film with Miller and hope for the best.

I admit, my main doubt about the film had nothing to do with Miller but with it being a bit of a hard sell since the TV show is so recent. It the public ready to pay to see a Flash movie with the TV show so recently in mind? That is a good question. Of course the fans are, but the GA..not so sure about.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

https://www.avclub.com/warner-bros-ezra-miller-the-flash-cant-recast-1849008505/amp

It’s as I said before, recasting Miller would be far too expensive and time consuming. They just need to hope that Miller can stay out of any further trouble before the movie comes out. 

This page's post is just quoting VARIETY above, there's nothing new here...just clarifying proper journalism!  

Yeah, with today's news it is done, it is over. This movie is never coming out as is. They will have to reshoot it entirely.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Reboot the whole DCEU and be done with it.

if zaslow was smart he should do it. Let the current slate complete and then do a clean reboot. Only keep the Matt Reeves as standalone and dont bring in batman again until that trilogy is done. Recast everyone. But I doubt that will happen. 

Read the daughter's statement (linked within the TMZ page).  Sure, Miller has issues, but there are always multiple sides.  The parents may be ultra-conservative controlling, too.  ...Or Miller may have co-written the statement.  The mess continues, but consider all sides a bit (none of which are really our business, only really Warner Bros. and how they figure out the campaign for this movie).  

I feel bad for hardcore DC fans. The characters adapted for Warner Bros. seem cursed with bad press over the past decade, either stars or mixed reception. (Marvel stars have had a few issues too, but somehow they've kept a lid on it better with unprecedented success.)

Wonder Woman and Aquaman need a team-up movie, since they're clearly the only ones really staying out of trouble...mostly!  (But even Wonder Woman needs a better-rebound-third entry!) 

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

eh I'm all for giving women personal autonomy but this lowkey sounds like someone who has been brainwashed . She doesn't even refute any of the stuff  her parents said (Ezra befriending her when she was 12, supplying her drugs, physical abuse allegations etc). 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 8