Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

Pretty much every movie has an initial much longer cut, it's not really notable.

The assembly cut talk is as old as people complaining about CGI in trailers. Not saying all CGI is perfect but often during a movie the "fault finding" takes a backseat as long as the movie keeps you entertained.

Flash strikes me as kind of a D&D, based on reactions. A fun adventure if you care for these type of films. I'm basically here just for Keaton.

Edited by Elessar

If someone reads “best comic book movie ever”, written by someone else and then assumes that they will also think it’s the best comic book movie ever and ends up disappointed… that’s on them.

People need to start making up their own minds lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Anything above 500m would be a success given some recent superhero numbers. The only way I see 700m is if Guardians and Spiderverse are both great to boost genre.

No it won’t.

This movie costed $300M just to produce.

With all the things they’ve been thru in order to move on and eradicate the Snyderverse ending up grossing less than Man of Steel 10 years ago or even the abysmal Justice League would be a joke and an absolute failure.

Edited by Mr Roark

7 hours ago, Alexander said:

Well, not in my country. Squad and Chi both are 70-72/100 on our movie database and Panther is just 60/100. All three very likely to lose between 1-3% over next few months.

Okay? That doesn't change anything lol

10 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

It 100% is and will continue to. Every blue checkmark from Variety included the "best superhero movie of all time" quote in their mixed or negative reaction. WB overcompensated for the Miller drama by saying it's one of the best instead of really good and a lot of fun or something.

The downside of "this is good but not as great so I'm implicitly punishing you for violating my expectations" seems infinitely better than downsides of having film defined by allegations about Ezra Miller's personal actions. I just don't see how anything that reduces risk by x% all of that stuff becomes the film's core narrative is a bad move.  

If someone reads “best comic book movie ever”, written by someone else. People need to start making up their own minds lol

People should be more discerning but this is pretty clearly the/a core marketing pitch for the film that WB's actively attempting to push out there not simply a random leaker going crazy with praise.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Thanks 1

Judging by the early reactions, I would say this will land somewhere between the 60s/70s on RT.

As BO goes, I thinking something like 180-200m DOM and 200-300m OS. That if Keaton’s Batman presence has minimal impact on box office. 

Liked the trailer, this could be actually good kinda of reaction, them I saw the tweets here, and now I’m back to nah. Early words are very positive, but the few negatives hints (and the positives as well) what kind movie this is, one in which I’m not interested.

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Okay? That doesn't change anything lol

yes it does

it means that internationally those other movies weren't that well received

I’d be pretty surprised if this didn’t get 80 on RT. If this is a movie that lands in the 60-70 range then they definitely shouldn’t have shown it last night. I’m not seeing 60-70 from the reactions but we’ll see what happens when reviews come out. 

After these reactions I'm even more certain it will be a pretty big hit at the box office. There was a lot of stuff going against The Flash: there's a cbm backlash going on right now, Ezra Miller is controversial, some CGI looks terrible in the trailers already, and on the surface it doesn't seem to bring nothing new and it's just a rehash of No Way Home. Not to mention a lot of people have a bias against the DCEU or even DC as a whole. Everyone thought this movie was doomed before buzz that it was outstanding started to circulate. So if it's getting this kind of positive response, I believe the hype. It will be huge with audiences.

I can´t see this movie ain´t going lower then 84% on that tomato and that´s worst case scenario. So many reactions last night and so many overwhelmingly positive. A couple of negatives/mixed ones is normal, especially when you get so many reactions. And again, so many of the positive ones are really positive. 

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

Reactions look awesome. Movie has a lot to overcome press wise- people will be out to get it because of Miller’s antics. So due to that will take the reviews with a grain of salt (example - when Joker came out I saw a review saying it was a very good movie but because of fear of inspiring incels the reviewer couldn’t give it a fresh review). 

IMO as long as this movie is better than Ant Man 3, MoM, Thor 4 (shouldn’t be hard) it’ll be fine. Just needs to be solid to very good. 

I’ll also say this - once again, people are vastly underestimating Michael Keaton’s return. Only Christian Bale returning would be bigger because Nolan’s Trilogy is hailed as the apex of next level CBM making (due to the Dark Knight). Keaton for many is the best and most iconic Batman. Millennials born in the 80s grew up with Batman: TAS and Batman / Batman Returns. Gen Xers identify with Keaton too. Keaton’s Batman 3 is one of the biggest what ifs in the genre. I’m not saying it gonna go bonkers opening weekend (if Bale was back lock 150 million opener) but it will definitely play a factor (domestically). Just my opinion of course. 

Edited by jaybox

37 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

What's the context on that number

I wanted to compare it to the first trailer, but I do not know the figure for the first 24 hours. The second trailer now has 16M views after 2 months.

Interestingly, SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS' second trailer has now been watched 28M times. That's from two months ago as well. BLUE BEETLE's first trailer has 21M (3 weeks of release). These are all from the main channels only.

They don't mean much, but I think the 8M+ views in less than 24 hours for THE FLASH is good.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

If someone reads “best comic book movie ever”, written by someone else and then assumes that they will also think it’s the best comic book movie ever and ends up disappointed… that’s on them.

People need to start making up their own minds lol

True but that's what the marketing for this has been since start of the year. Looks like WB learnt nothing from the MoS/BvS-SS 2016 era that it can backfire easily too.

Edited by Saul Goodman