Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Fwiw presales around me (italy) started the other day but it has barely sold any tickets. Not particularly surprising seeing as this is not a super presales heavy country nor a market particularly big on superheroes but does not scream "major event people can't wait for" either to me.

Italy is not a SH country. I doubt Europe can be extrapolated for US for sure. Its main overseas markets will be US, UK, AU, asia and latin american markets. Probably would be luck to hit 400m if its received well. 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Italy is not a SH country. I doubt Europe can be extrapolated for US for sure. Its main overseas markets will be US, UK, AU, asia and latin american markets. Probably would be luck to hit 400m if its received well. 

Folks, I said as much in my post. I just posted about it because afaik PS hasn't started anywhere else. Nowhere did I suggest this piece of info was worth anything at all for the US or any country more into SH than us. And perhaps it will even pick up later here.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 3:43 AM, Mr Roark said:

This movie has been hyped by its own property and the show biz like anything I’ve ever seen. Yet, the trailer looks kinda mediocre especially from a VFX and cinematic standpoint.

WB needs desperately The Flash to become a hit, after five flops in a row. Five. That’s crazy. They should’ve let Snyder finish his story with Darkseid back in 2017.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, Mr Roark said:

They literally lost 6 years after JL and I’m pretty sure a couple of JL films by Snyder between 2019 and 2022 would’ve been more successful that the crappy stuff they released.

Without mentioning that they would’ve avoided all the annoying Twitter campaigns etc etc that lead to ZSJL.

And besides, ZSJL has been widely well received and a shorter version of that movie would’ve been 100% superior than the Frankenstein monster that was Whedon’s JL.

It's sad that online talk about the DCEU, especially the Zack Snyder films, have become so toxic that a lot of people won't have an honest discussion about this. But you're absolutely right. There was a lot of doom and gloom about the BVS reception and box office legs, but the predictions didn't materialize until after Snyder left and WB gave the complete creative control to someone else. Following BVS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman broke opening records and were huge worldwide. Aquaman also became their biggest movie worldwide following Justice League. To me it doesn't make any sense to claim the Snyder films ruined the DCEU and are responsible for the box office bombs that happened so many years later, like the Shazam and Suicide Squad sequels. I hope one day people here can admit that. Ideally, The Flash would be the movie to finally unite every segment of the DC fandom, as the movie does seem to please everyone, though I'm not really expecting that because people online love negativity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's sad that online talk about the DCEU, especially the Zack Snyder films, have become so toxic that a lot of people won't have an honest discussion about this. But you're absolutely right. There was a lot of doom and gloom about the BVS reception and box office legs, but the predictions didn't materialize until after Snyder left and WB gave the complete creative control to someone else. Following BVS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman broke opening records and were huge worldwide. Aquaman also became their biggest movie worldwide following Justice League. To me it doesn't make any sense to claim the Snyder films ruined the DCEU and are responsible for the box office bombs that happened so many years later, like the Shazam and Suicide Squad sequels. I hope one day people here can admit that. Ideally, The Flash would be the movie to finally unite every segment of the DC fandom, as the movie does seem to please everyone, though I'm not really expecting that because people online love negativity.

Snyder's movies ruined the DCEU and it's a good thing he's no longer anywhere near them. Also a great thing that the remaining impact is that it's got a toxic fandom.

Snyder should have been kicked off before BvS. That was the mistake.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Tom Cruise and Stephen King have more money than God and I believe Cruise primarily works with Paramount.  Why the hell would either of them care about hyping up The Flash?   Maybe....just MAYBE.... they saw the movie and liked it?   Why is that so hard for some people to believe? This thread is garbage. 

Why hasn’t Cruise posted anything about seeing The Flash on his socials like he did with Tenet?

It's still funny to me how Man of Steel was SUCH a divisive movie on release, and so crapped upon online (to the extent that every CBM needs to point out that cities got evacuated before they get blowed up)...but now its been 10 years and they're basing their nostalgia movie off of it to fan adoration. 

Reminds me of the line in Chinatown: "Of course I'm respectable I'm old! Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough."

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Snyder's movies ruined the DCEU and it's a good thing he's no longer anywhere near them. Also a great thing that the remaining impact is that it's got a toxic fandom.

Snyder should have been kicked off before BvS. That was the mistake.

Back then Kevin Tsujihara's decisions were based on how he was compensated. He seem to get paid more as he greenlit these movies. That is why after not so great reception to MOS they green BvS with even bigger scope. After disastrous reception to 1st movie featuring trinity they immediately greenlit JL !!! There were rumors around internal discussions in canning the whole thing and instead make Batman movie with Affleck. Hindsight that would have been better way to go. May be Affleck would have been interested to explore a Batman movie vs Deadstroke as rumored. Then they could have made a Man of Steel 2 as a soft reboot under a new director. 

Instead they destroyed the value of the franchise and now they have to build it back slowly. Not sure if peak SH era will be back or they will left going for crumbs. Only when Gunn's Superman movie releases and hopefully well received, we will know for sure. 

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Back then Kevin Tsujihara's decisions were based on how he was compensated. He seem to get paid more as he greenlit these movies. That is why after not so great reception to MOS they green BvS with even bigger scope. After disastrous reception to 1st movie featuring trinity they immediately greenlit JL !!! There were rumors around internal discussions in canning the whole thing and instead make Batman movie with Affleck. Hindsight that would have been better way to go. May be Affleck would have been interested to explore a Batman movie vs Deadstroke as rumored. Then they could have made a Man of Steel 2 as a soft reboot under a new director. 

Instead they destroyed the value of the franchise and now they have to build it back slowly. Not sure if peak SH era will be back or they will left going for crumbs. Only when Gunn's Superman movie releases and hopefully well received, we will know for sure. 

JL was greenlit long before BvS was released, and was already deep in pre-production by that point. That was the problem. It would’ve looked very bad to shareholders if WB had just fired Snyder right before JL was set to start filming, especially while BvS was still in theaters. That’s why they instead put him on a much tighter leash, and did that little stunt where they invited people like Devin Faraci onto the set during filming to try and reassure everyone that it would be different from BvS. 

Honestly, in hindsight, I have to wonder if things might’ve turned out at least somewhat better if WB hadn’t forced Snyder to cut 30 minutes off of BvS for the theatrical cut. An extra long runtime didn’t really hurt the Batman, and it definitely didn’t hurt Avatar 2. At the very least, would it really have turned out any worse than the version that was released in theaters? 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

JL was greenlit long before BvS was released, and was already deep in pre-production by that point. That was the problem. It would’ve looked very bad to shareholders if WB had just fired Snyder right before JL was set to start filming, especially while BvS was still in theaters. That’s why they instead put him on a much tighter leash, and did that little stunt where they invited people like Devin Faraci onto the set during filming to try and reassure everyone that it would be different from BvS. 

Honestly, in hindsight, I have to wonder if things might’ve turned out at least somewhat better if WB hadn’t forced Snyder to cut 30 minutes off of BvS for the theatrical cut. An extra long runtime didn’t really hurt the Batman, and it definitely didn’t hurt Avatar 2. At the very least, would it really have turned out any worse than the version that was released in theaters? 

Those added 30 minutes would've made a bad movie feel like an even longer slog. It wouldn't have fixed the ending of the movie, I still remember when Superman died someone let out a very audible "what the hell?" that made the whole theater laugh. The emotional impact of Superman's death... well there was none. 

Back to The Flash, I think $100m is the floor. IMO The Flash has the best release date in June. Transformers doesn't look like it's breaking out. I have no idea what Disney is doing with Elemental. Spider-verse opens two weeks before so there's some breathing room. Indy 5 doesn't open until two weeks after and that right now is a huge wildcard.

The ingredients are there for a successful and leggy run, now the movie just has to deliver. 

23 minutes ago, vinny2487 said:

Those added 30 minutes would've made a bad movie feel like an even longer slog. It wouldn't have fixed the ending of the movie, I still remember when Superman died someone let out a very audible "what the hell?" that made the whole theater laugh. The emotional impact of Superman's death... well there was none. 

Back to The Flash, I think $100m is the floor. IMO The Flash has the best release date in June. Transformers doesn't look like it's breaking out. I have no idea what Disney is doing with Elemental. Spider-verse opens two weeks before so there's some breathing room. Indy 5 doesn't open until two weeks after and that right now is a huge wildcard.

The ingredients are there for a successful and leggy run, now the movie just has to deliver. 

I’d argue that Superman’s death is less of a problem in the Ultimate Edition, since he gets a bit more focus there. 

I would agree that Flash has the best release date out of all Summer movies besides mayyyybeeee Guardians.

Fast X TLM and Spider-Verse all have the same problem of having big films open on their second and third week of release. Elemental will be puny in it's OW even if WOM is okay so don't think it's a problem for Flash. Flash has nothing in it's second and 4th weekend of release so it's the only Summer movie like that.

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

If this is accurate then RIP Superhero Fatigue (Feb 20, 2023 Post-Quantumania OW to May 8, 2023 Post-GotG3 OW)

The Flash doing well does not mean Superhero Fatigue isn't a thing, i believe A-list superhero characters will continue to do well as long as not total trash, but others may struggle, The Flash is said to be a love letter to the whole DC universe