Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Looks like the VFX that we got from trailers is not that different from final movie. I can't defend this if it's indeed true, it's just ridiculous.

No one has seen the Final Cut of the movie yet. They’re saving that for critics/Audiences . The cut that’s been shown is the cinema con cut,  that cut is apparently also 10 minutes shorter and didn’t have after credits scenes and vfx weren’t done. 

• Like 1

I don´t get it how it is that rough, wasn´t this movie pushed back like 7 months just because of VFX needing more time? I know there is a terrible amount of pressure and ridiculous workload for VFX artists so I´m not blaming them at all but this movie ended principal photography in October 2021. As to my knowledge this hasn´t had massive reshoots since then, just minor? I def thought that the VFX wouldn´t be this bad. Again stuff like that doesn´t bother me if the movie is good but it´s shocking how awful some it looks. Some of it looks like a fortnite loading screen.

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

No one has seen the Final Cut of the movie yet. They’re saving that for critics/Audiences . The cut that’s been shown is the cinema con cut,  that cut is apparently also 10 minutes shorter and didn’t have after credits scenes and vfx weren’t done. 

While movies like this do infamously work down to the literal last minute on VFX stuff sometimes...at this juncture what's in the ads is a safe measure to basically be how it'll look in the movie.

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

While movies like this do infamously work down to the literal last minute on VFX stuff sometimes...at this juncture what's in the ads is a safe measure to basically be how it'll look in the movie.

That’s fine with me, vfx rarely bother me unless it’s like Superman mouth in JL. I can’t imagine too many people in the GA care about this stuff either. I see all these movies with my wife and kids and friends when I go and have never once had a conversation about any vfx. It’s more something I only see discussed on here and on twitter. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Just saw the extended ad during the game. Why does the CG look so bad? Whole movie has that super flat digital sheen. 

See any DC or Marvel film of the last few years. 

That and several giant set pieces seem to take place in broad, cloudless daylight. Doesn't help. 

• Like 1

Really liked the final trailer 

I really don´t get why people keep complaining about it visually, especially when the criticism come from the ´´lack of realism´´trope 

The wide open angle is giving it a very massive look in scope, the lack of realism is giving the action sequences a strong sense of dinamism and speed along insane camera movements ... it´s a really good idea for a movie based on comic books and very refreshing considering so many of these movies always try to make things looks super beliavable and mundane 

There are some bad VFX shots but nothing really unusual for a movie like this

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Really liked the final trailer 

I really don´t get why people keep complaining about it visually, especially when the criticism come from the ´´lack of realism´´trope 

The wide open angle is giving it a very massive look in scope, the lack of realism is giving the action sequences a strong sense of dinamism and speed along insane camera movements ... it´s a really good idea for a movie based on comic books and very refreshing considering so many of these movies always try to make things looks super beliavable and mundane 

There are some bad VFX shots but nothing really unusual for a movie like this

Absolutely no one, and I mean, no  one is complaining about "lack of realism" in this lol They're complaining that the CGI looks bad. You can call it dynamism or whatever but that doesn't rule out it the characters look like plastic or like PS3 videogame cutscenes. There are plenty and I mean plenty of movies with even more bonkers concepts that have CGI not looking as bad (See GoTG Vol. 3 as an example)

I think that it's more noticeable here than in other movies especially because this film had like 18 months of post. At least a No Way Home has that excuse. 

Edited by 21C