Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

11 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

The only superhero shows I consider great or very good are animated, that includes the DCAU (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League). I have yet to see a live-action superhero show that I consider great, although I have enjoyed some of them to certain degrees.

BTAS and Spider-Man are the best comic book series so far. Also Iron Man and Fantastic Four were fine too.

6 hours ago, bapi said:

BTAS and Spider-Man are the best comic book series so far. Also Iron Man and Fantastic Four were fine too.

Spectacular Spider-Man was superior to the '94 Spider-Man show. Sucks that it couldn't move forward after Disney bought Marvel.

Batman: The Animated Series

Justice League / Unlimited

X-Men: The Animated Series

Spectacular Spider-Man

Superman: The Animated Series

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Batman: Beyond

Young Justice

Spider-Man '94

These are the comic book shows that matter. 

I'll give honorable mentions to Teen Titans, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and The Tick.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

Spectacular Spider-Man

Young Justice

Spider-Man '94

Green Lantern the animated series was pretty decent as well.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

Spectacular Spider-Man

Young Justice

Spider-Man '94

No love for Static Shock or Teen Titans? :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bapi said:

Spider-Man 94 was pretty good. It's biggest issue had to do with Fox censorship and them slashing the animation in half, despite it's huge success.

27 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Damn, I had to go back and edit that list like four times. Animation is really the best medium for comic books on the screen.

I wonder why? :huh:

Video games would also be a great medium, if they knew how to make good games for heroes other than Spidey and Bats, and that isn't a fighting game

• Like 1

Flash is such a fun show. Not hard to understand why people (GA) love it.

Anyway, as for animation, it's ALWAYS going to be Batman. That 90's show transcended the genre and was ahead of it's time. Simply classic. IMO, the X-Men animation didn't age so well. At the time that show was my favorite, not Batman.

it's the nostalgia speaking y'all

JL, X-Men Evolution and Teen Titans were may jam as a kid, but I don't try to pretend they are some great shows or whatever.

Saw Teen Titans movies a few months back as part of my DCA marathon, and it was painful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goffe said:

JL, X-Men Evolution and Teen Titans were may jam as a kid, but I don't try to pretend they are some great shows or whatever.

Saw Teen Titans movies a few months back as part of my DCA marathon, and it was painful.

Or maybe not everyone became that kind of adult. Just a thought.

Never watched many of those myself by the way, even as a child. I guess I was too much into Dragon Ball and Pokemon back then. Still, the X-Men cartoon from the 90's will always hold a special place in my heart.

Edited by Arlborn

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

If you were a "kid" when X-Men Evolution aired, then we have nothing to discuss. That's a show from the 00s. I was almost in college when that was on the air.

Edited by Chaz

13 minutes ago, Chaz said:

If you were a "kid" when X-Men Evolution aired, then we have nothing to discuss. That's a show from the 00s. I was almost in college when that was on the air.

LMAO I was a pre-teen when Evolution aired. It was a fun time to be an X-Fan with Evolution airing, the brand new movie and the beginning of Grant Morrison's legendary run. 

Evolution wasn't a masterpiece or anything but it had a far more fun take on the X-Men as teenagers concept than First Class. 

2 hours ago, Chaz said:

Damn, I had to go back and edit that list like four times. Animation is really the best medium for comic books on the screen.

Not sure but whom do I need to sell my soul to in order to have Dini and Timm contribute to the DCEU? I heard that Dini unfortunately had a terrible experience working on a live action Hollywood script before and vowed never to return.

Thankfully it does look like Spider-Man: Homecoming is taking cues from the awesome sauce of Spectacular Spider-Man. Something that TASM should have done in the first place.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Not sure but whom do I need to sell my soul to in order to have Dini and Timm contribute to the DCEU? I heard that Dini unfortunately had a terrible experience working on a live action Hollywood script before and vowed never to return.

Thankfully it does look like Spider-Man: Homecoming is taking cues from the awesome sauce of Spectacular Spider-Man. Something that TASM should have done in the first place.

To think we would have had Batman vs. Superman in 2000 if they hadn't been jerked around. 

Edited by Chaz

So the female lead shortlist (presumably to play Iris West) is reportedly down to three actresses - Kiersey Clemons, Lucy Boynton and Rita Ora. Clemons is the frontrunner, she worked with the director in his previous film Dope. Rita Ora is a bit of a surprise to me, I've never seen her act so have no idea if she'd be any good.