Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Smallville is one of those shows I every so often think about going back and finishing to see what happened.  Somewhere in season 7 I missed an episode and just never went back. 

There are differing opinions, but Season 8 and particularly 9, for me, have some of the best stuff the show ever did...because they allowed it to finally "grow up" a bit.  They basically "soft-rebooted" many elements, and certain characters like Durance's Lois Lane finally gets to shine in the capacity she was meant for (rather than a strange "too soon" presence hanging around Smallville, the town, in earlier seasons...then again, Lex was there the whole time, and that worked out).  I was so interested in that process that I wrote a chapter for a book focused just on Season 8.  Season 10 definitely felt redundant/unneeded. 

Edited by Macleod

Smallville was great in first three seasons. S4 was fine but then I was laughing so often I just had to quit. Arrow great in S1 but awful since that. Flash seems more consistent so far but I'd feel like I'm wasting my time if I was still watching that show.

Edited by bapi

On 07/08/2016 at 11:37 AM, RandomJC said:

Or Barry's other love interests. Like Patty Spivot.

If you're staying true to the comics, Iris is the Flash's only legitimate love interest. They were introduced in 1956 as already engaged, then married. He's the only superhero to have a longtime wife.

Imo, they should have already been together when the show started as well, so they already made that mistake. In the comics he never dated Patty Spivot until the debacle of the New 52, which demanded that "no permanent couples" be a rule now applied to the DC universe, so that was the only reason Barry/Iris were not together for the first time. But historically, they never even broke up, only death could separate them.

In terms of the Flash, it is kind of like using a love interest other than Lois Lane for Superman, it just isn't a thing. Maybe even more so, because Barry Allen and Iris West are actually married.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Mind giving me some examples of super-hero shows you like? Just curious.

Batman TAS is the only one really worth anything.

EDIT: Jessica Jones was pretty good.

Edited by ddddeeee

The only superhero shows I consider great or very good are animated, that includes the DCAU (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League). I have yet to see a live-action superhero show that I consider great, although I have enjoyed some of them to certain degrees.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Legends of Tomorrow I gave up on after 4 or 5 episodes. Even that was a struggle. It's just to silly. 

It gets better in the second half of the season though and I believe the creative team said that they are very aware that the first half of the season wasn't as good as it could be(understatement) and that they'll take fans feedback very seriously, or some similar PR statement anyway. We shall see I suppose.