Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

36 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

People tend to hype Timmverse stuff up too much. I watched a few episodes of Justice League recently, got bored pretty quickly. Definitely a show for kids.

That's pretty much saying something like "People hype Spielberg up too much. I I watched The BFG recently, got bored pretty quickly. Definitely a movie for kids." 

JL is easily the weakest of the Timmverse. BTAS/TNBA is the crown jewel. JLU and Batman Beyond are close second and third. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's pretty much saying something like "People hype Spielberg up too much. I I watched The BFG recently, got bored pretty quickly. Definitely a movie for kids." 

JL is easily the weakest of the Timmverse. BTAS/TNBA is the crown jewel. JLU and Batman Beyond are close second and third. 

My comment was in response to someone putting JL on their list of great comic shows, so I didn't just pick the weakest of the bunch. Which in my opinion was Superman actually. Which was also on the list. Honestly, other than Batman and some of JLU, most of the Timmverse is kind of a slog to get through these days. I loved them as a kid, and I should have left it to my memories instead of revisiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

My comment was in response to someone putting JL on their list of great comic shows, so I didn't just pick the weakest of the bunch. Which in my opinion was Superman actually. Which was also on the list. Honestly, other than Batman and some of JLU, most of the Timmverse is kind of a slog to get through these days. I loved them as a kid, and I should have left it to my memories instead of revisiting.

JL hasn't aged all that well. I haven't revisited Superman at all so can't say for sure whether it was inferior to JL. But the ones I have revisited, BTAS, TNBA and JLU, are stalwarts in tv/superhero animation. When they are at their finest, there is nothing that compares. Of course there are clunker episodes, but the overall consistency is still stunning. And BB was refreshing and joyful and all kinds of cool. Everyone in junior high was Schway this and Schway that, it was hilarious. It is less consistent than the aforementioned shows but still has many stellar episodes.  

Of course, almost all of the DCAU DTVs are amazing. Mask of Phantasm, Return of the Joker and Under the Red Hood being exquisite.

All in all, a very impressive average for Dini/Timm/Romano, considering the span of time and amount of work they generated. Their repute isn't unearned at all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rey said:

DC keeps snatching my ass with these casting choices. I devote myself to this. DC is a pioneer at this moment with such choices in representation. DC invented casting. DC invented me.

xAIOFxO.gif

You just made my evening better. Thank you:lol:

4 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

That's true actually, I've known a couple Fijians with red hair. But not being from USA, I don't know how common it is for African Americans to be ginger. If one of them is Wally, I'm down.

As someone who lives in the US, I have never seen an African American be a natural ginger. Or any hair colors other than black or gray, now that I think about it. Could always use dye though

• Like 1