Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

This is something of a double-edged sword, on the one hand I think Famuyiwa is an overrated director who, alongside what is probably a bad script from a poor screenwriter, would've IMO made an average film at best. Now they can hopefully get a better director in!

On the other hand this film only has about two months before principal photography starts, no director, what is likely a bad script and now it's a bit up in the air if Clemons is going to stay as Iris. Surely this film is going to have to be postponed? I imagine it'll be moved to Shazam's position? Or the 'Untitled' October 2018 slot?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

This is something of a double-edged sword, on the one hand I think Famuyiwa is an overrated director who, alongside what is probably a bad script from a poor screenwriter, would've IMO made an average film at best. Now they can hopefully get a better director in!

On the other hand this film only has about two months before principal photography starts, no director, what is likely a bad script and now it's a bit up in the air if Clemons is going to stay as Iris. Surely this film is going to have to be postponed? I imagine it'll be moved to Shazam's position? Or the 'Untitled' October 2018 slot?

I'm sure they're gonna get Affleck to make that Batman movie sooner than expected. Probably the closest thing they have to a "safe bet" at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm sure they're gonna get Affleck to make that Batman movie sooner than expected. Probably the closest thing they have to a "safe bet" at this point.

Yeah, I reckon 2018 will be switched around so that Aquaman comes out in March, The Batman gets a July release date and Flash comes out in October.

Well, Manganiello confirmed spring '17 for The Batman, no? So it's similar to Nolan's schedule - start in April/May, finished seven months later with July premiere next year. However if they're still rewriting Aquaman's script then there's no chance to switch it with the Flash.

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

And recently he even admitted to interpreting Diana wrong and that from now on his depictions of the character would be heavily influenced by the George Perez and Phil Jimenez versions.

That's a start

2 hours ago, bapi said:

Well, Manganiello confirmed spring '17 for The Batman, no? So it's similar to Nolan's schedule - start in April/May, finished seven months later with July premiere next year. However if they're still rewriting Aquaman's script then there's no chance to switch it with the Flash.

Well then Jeremy Irons confirmed a summer start. And Affleck confirmed there is no start date.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Well then Jeremy Irons confirmed a summer start. And Affleck confirmed there is no start date.

Tbf Irons' role must be small. Probably 3-4 weeks and he's done plus he doesn't seem like someone who actually cares about movies he makes that much anymore. lol

9 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

"filmaker driven"

I never really understood why they felt the need to promote this concept. By default, a cohesive cinematic universe cannot truly be filmmaker driven unless you have the same filmmaker doing every single film. If you really let every filmmaker have the freedom to do whatever they want, you end up with a terribly incoherent and nonsensical universe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedX said:

He said, "I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force."

This indicates to me that Famuyiwa's castings while he was on board won't be sticking around (particularly Clemons).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kraken said:

What did he do? Did he want to use colors and likeable characters?

Agreed.  I don't know how much more "edgy" The Flash can get past BVS and Suicide Squad...but perhaps this is now a process of retro-fitting studio engineering in response to BVS' reception.  And now, after many years of 'intense' takes on the material, they are going to attempt to go 'lighter' again...basically...they can't make up their minds.  Flash has always had trouble in development, just like Supes

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

This indicates to me that Famuyiwa's castings while he was on board won't be sticking around (particularly Clemons).

Why? She's an aspiring actress that probably wouldn't pass on this opportunity. It's possible that she could be appearing in Justice League too. 

1 hour ago, RedX said:

Why? She's an aspiring actress that probably wouldn't pass on this opportunity. It's possible that she could be appearing in Justice League too. 

It's possible with Rick's vision gone they'll get rid of her? Maybe it' still up in the air I hope not and I kinda doubt they will though cuz it will cause more of a mess imo. 

Crudup was also cast under Rick's direction so I don't know about him either. 

1 hour ago, RedX said:

It may not be up to her...the actors have contracts that benefit the producing party/studio most of all, of course...and if they decide to "go another way"...that will often change the vision. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1