Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's in Fantastic Beasts.

aah you're right I totally forgot he was in that. Still, would he really have the clout to be vocal about the interpretation of the character? He was cast so long ago too. 

Just now, ban1o said:

aah you're right I totally forgot he was in that. Still, would he really have the clout to be vocal about the interpretation of the character? He was cast so long ago too. 

If he's aligned with Johns....

DC Rebirth has been hugely successful and i imagine WB hopes Johns can do the same for the DCEU. Losing Famuyiga is not good but it seems the split is amicable, the new director must be announced soon, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a clash of visions similar to what happened with Michelle MacLaren on Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Would Ezra Miller even have control over how the character is portrayed? Like what is he known for? He's not a big name in anyway. All I know him from is We need to talk about Kevin and Perks where he was a supporting character. 

I don't see how. He's not a star who's name can green light a $150m+ movie and this isn't a Reynolds/Deadpool 2 situation.

Studios generally likes to keep healthy relationships with talented people and maybe that was the last straw, one of many factors for Famuyiwa leaving. Not buying that 4chan shit either, but it could have happened. And since the Flash in the Justice League footage was so well received, I'm willing to believe that he could have more clout than say Famuyiwa.

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Studios generally likes to keep healthy relationships with talented people and maybe that was the last straw, one of many factors for Famuyiwa leaving. Not buying that 4chan shit either, but it could have happened. And since the Flash in the Justice League footage was so well received, I'm willing to believe that he could have more clout than say Famuyiwa.

LOL the 4chan post was posted on 4CHAN by an anonymous person. Anything it says is not believable. And it's so obviously predicable of a site like 4chan. 

6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

The DC cinematic universe just can't catch a break. A real shame!

To be fair, not many folks were exactly enthused with Famuyiwa getting the gig. And Famuyiwa in turn was an improvement over Seth-Grahaeme. There are chances the next person is even better. :P

I really hope Kiersey Clemmons stays on though.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

Yeah, he's far from perfect but with the exception of a few characters here and there (like Diana) he does GET them

And recently he even admitted to interpreting Diana wrong and that from now on his depictions of the character would be heavily influenced by the George Perez and Phil Jimenez versions.

19 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

To be fair, not many folks were exactly enthused with Famuyiwa getting the gig. And Famuyiwa in turn was an improvement over Seth-Grahaeme. There are chances the next person is even better. :P

I really hope Kiersey Clemmons stays on though.

Well that's one of looking at the situation, I suppose.

As for Clemmons, I think she'll stick around unless she's not pleased about Famuyiwa leaving.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Well that's one of looking at the situation, I suppose.

As for Clemmons, I think she'll stick around unless she's not pleased about Famuyiwa leaving.

Yeah, I don't think she will leave, not of her own volition anyway. Unfortunately there aren't many female lead roles for POCs in blockbusters and she was aware of the social media noise surrounding her casting in the first place. Unlikely she'd decline it now just because Famuyiwa left.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, I don't think she will leave, not of her own volition anyway. Unfortunately there aren't many female lead roles for POCs in blockbusters and she was aware of the social media noise surrounding her casting in the first place. Unlikely she'd decline it now just because Famuyiwa left.

I'm fine with her casting. As long as she's playing a good character, I'd be pleased. Her race should have little to do with it.