Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Hmm, I remember when the talk was Matthew Vaughn for Superman.

Still I'd be fine with either choice.

Would be adding to their array of directors going forward ... James Wan, Matt Reeves, Doug Liman, Joss Whedon, David Ayer & Chris McKay.

Pretty solid group with the inclusion of either Vaughn or Zemeckis.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2

Even I must admit that the future directors of the DCeU movies are a positive so far:

The Batman - Matt Reeves (The Planet of the Apes movies)
Flash - Robert Zemekis (Back to the Future movies)
Batgirl - Joss Whedon (Avengers movies)
Nightwing - Director of Lego Batman
Aquaman - James Wan (Director of Fast 7 and The Conjuring movies)
Man of Steel 2 - Matthew Vaughn (Director of X-Men First Class, Kick Ass, Kingsman movies)
Suicide Squad 2 - Mel Gibson (Academy Award winning director)
Gotham City Sirens - David Ayer (Director of SS yea I know but he had 2 previously fresh movies on RT before SS)
Justice League Dark - Edge of Tomorrow Director
Shazam - ?
Black Adam - ?
Green Lantern - ?
Cyborg - ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Even I must admit that the future directors of the DCeU movies are a positive so far:

Man of Steel 2 - Matthew Vaughn (Director of X-Men First Class, Kick Ass, Kingsman movies)
Gotham City Sirens - David Ayer (Director of SS yea I know but he had 2 previously fresh movies on RT before SS)
Shazam - ?
Black Adam - ?
Green Lantern - ?
Cyborg - ?

you mean Justice League will be the last DC movie Snyder directs? I guess that will make a lot of people happy. Though I do like his style and Man of Steel is one of my favorite superhero movies..

• Like 5

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

you mean Justice League will be the last DC movie Snyder directs? I guess that will make a lot of people happy. Though I do like his style and Man of Steel is one of my favorite superhero movies..

Well there are still 4 of those movies with ? up for grabs. 

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Well there are still 4 of those movies with ? up for grabs. 

Suicide Squad 2 is still up for grabs. There's been no movement on the Mel Gibson front since the Oscars.  I still think the odds are probably only like 10-20% he makes that movie.

... and Man of Steel 2 has no director (if Vaughn ends up doing Flash) ... if it's in the pipeline to begin in the next year or two.

At one point, the director of Lights Out, David Sandberg was rumored for Shazam.

Edited by AdamKendall

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Shazam - ?
Black Adam - ?
Green Lantern - ?
Cyborg - ?

Have Mel Gibson, Vaughn and Liman been confirmed as the directors of those upcoming films? If so, that is a hugely positive sign! 

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Suicide Squad 2 is still up for grabs. There's been no movement on the Mel Gibson front since the Oscars.  I still think the odds are probably only like 10-20% he makes that movie.

... and Man of Steel 2 has no director (if Vaughn ends up doing Flash) ... if it's in the pipeline to begin in the next year or two.

At one point, the director of Lights Out was rumored for Shazam.

Yea I know some of those haven't been confirmed but it shows WB's line of thinking as to the type of director they want for each of their CBM franchise and even if Zemekis or Vaughn turns it down then we should most likely expect to get a similar caliber and capable directors to those 2.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

At one point, the director of Lights Out was rumored for Shazam.

He posted a few weeks back on twitter that he couldn't talk about what he was working on next so I assume it's probably something to do with DC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Have Mel Gibson, Vaughn and Liman been confirmed as the directors of those upcoming films? If so, that is a hugely positive sign! 

Liman has, he's been taking about JLD the last few weeks in interviews.

• Like 1

Apparently Zemeckis and Vaughn may both see scheduling conflicts as well. If I was WB, I would wait for Zemeckis if he wants to do it for sure. Vaughn, I can take or leave, but someone of Zemeckis's calibre does not say yes to a CBM every other day, if he wants to wait a couple of months, you wait a couple of months

Although insiders stress that others are still in the mix, sources close to the situation say Zemeckis and Vaughn have always been the leading candidates, though each has his own hurdle to overcome to land the job.

Zemeckis’ first order of business is his untitled Universal film starring Steve Carell, which Zemeckis plans to shoot in August (and will not budge on the production date). That schedule conflict has been a factor for sometime and could be the element that causes Warner Bros. to give the gig to Vaughn, given the studio’s mandate to get “The Flash” off the ground this year.

Vaughn, however, has his own conflicts, including a third “Kingsman” movie that he would like to film following “Kingsman: the Golden Circle,” which bows this fall. While Vaughn showed interest in the directing job after meeting with execs, he may have also been using the project as leverage to get the green light from Fox on another installment in the “Kingsman” franchise.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Wish there were some POC or women on that list...

James Wan is Malaysian but yeah. but lets be honest like 85% of directors that get work regularly are white men it's not unique to DC or Marvel. 

• Like 2