Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

8 hours ago, RedX said:

Different studios and different circumstances. She's more than likely staying as the DC film universe continues to expand. 

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

What RedX said. Shailene's scenes were cut because Marc Webb felt the introduction of Mary Jane took away from Gwen Stacy's story in TASM2. Nothing to do with being hired by a former employee. Clemmon's situation is like Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd's when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man.

I guess it would depend. If the studio wanted to clean house from Famuyiwa, and how much influence he held in her casting. It happens, there is no guarantee that the studio won't push her off because there is footage shot of her, or contracts signed. I'm not saying she'll be booted, but she isn't safe either.

21 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

What RedX said. Shailene's scenes were cut because Marc Webb felt the introduction of Mary Jane took away from Gwen Stacy's story in TASM2. Nothing to do with being hired by a former employee. Clemmon's situation is like Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd's when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man.

Omg?? shailene was gonna be mary jane? makes me wish they held off on giving marvel back spider-man

tumblr_inline_o9fpw2eCHO1qgk4m1_500.gif

On 11/3/2016 at 6:49 AM, RandomJC said:

I guess it would depend. If the studio wanted to clean house from Famuyiwa, and how much influence he held in her casting. It happens, there is no guarantee that the studio won't push her off because there is footage shot of her, or contracts signed. I'm not saying she'll be booted, but she isn't safe either.

She's here to stay :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I'm feeling targeted for just saying a posibility exists. I don't even have emotions one way or the other. I'm glad you'really all worried about her, but you don't have to keep going, "see, see, see." Done with this. 

Lol wha? We're not targeting or meaning to dogpile you. The dispute we had was thinking of Kiersey being attached by the hip to  

Famuyiwa. She's not and we've seen this kind of speculation, albeit different, with Heard. I've just provided simple proof that idea can be laid to rest; there's no need to be up in arms over it or feel victimized 

Edited by RedX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Why?

I ask because I don't know the actress and doesn't know much about the development of all this.

It's not so much because of who the actress is, it's more the film is meant to be starting principal photography in two months, the last thing DC needs with its current Director crisis is a fresh casting issue. Plus it would be embarrassing to lose a key cast member so soon after losing a director, and if they kicked her out for whatever reason (which I find unlikely) then that opens a whole can of worms.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamb1993 said:

It's not so much because of who the actress is, it's more the film is meant to be starting principal photography in two months, the last thing DC needs with its current Director crisis is a fresh casting issue. Plus it would be embarrassing to lose a key cast member so soon after losing a director, and if they kicked her out for whatever reason (which I find unlikely) then that opens a whole can of worms.

I'd assume they'd change that.  The WW change in director still gave them 6 months of pre production.

The smart thing to do from an investment perspective would be to push this baby back a year or two...and wait to see how the audience responds to the actor/character in Justice League (that's what I would do)...obviously Batman (and even another Superman entry) are safer bets at this point, especially considering they don't have active/ongoing TV counterparts...but WB may be determined to troll ahead...

• Like 2