Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

Obviously. But you are not looking for talent. You are looking for directors who happen to be female or non-white. 

In the film industry, as in life in general, it used to be the case that you first had to prove yourself, then be given a shot at big-time. What has Patty Jenkins done to deserve directing a major motion picture? What would you say if a random dude with only one small movie under his belt was given Wonder Woman? I think you'd be surprised. 

Well, if the buzz turns out to be true, I think hiring Patty will be the best decision WB will ever had made for the DCEU.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Crudup is in the JL trailer.

Lmao I've seen that trailer a couple times and I didn't know. Is kiersey confirmed though? 

Wait side note, are cyborg and aquaman supporting characters also in JL?

3 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Well, if the buzz turns out to be true, I think hiring Patty will be the best decision WB will ever had made for the DCEU.

Maybe, I don't know how Wonder Woman turns out in the end. 

All I'm saying is that Patty Jenkins doesn't have blockbuster credentials, a mere statement of fact. As for the "buzz" you are referring to, I am personally unaware of it. In matter of fact, the only thing I've heard about Wonder Woman up to now, is that it's tracking well below expectations. Not that I put too much weight on such things, but that's the information available to me right now. 

11 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Obviously. But you are not looking for talent. You are looking for directors who happen to be female or non-white. 

In the film industry, as in life in general, it used to be the case that you first had to prove yourself, then be given a shot at big-time. What has Patty Jenkins done to deserve directing a major motion picture? What would you say if a random dude with only one small movie under his belt was given Wonder Woman? I think you'd be surprised. 

This is insane. White male directors who have done jack shit get blockbusters ALL THE TIME. There are TONS of female/POC directors who have done fantastic small films, who will never get a shot because RAWR MALE DIRECTORS.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

This is insane. White male directors who have done jack shit get blockbusters ALL THE TIME. There are TONS of female/POC directors who have done fantastic small films, who will never get a shot because RAWR MALE DIRECTORS.

For example? 

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

They need to direct a blockbuster before they get to direct a blockbuster.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

I have this person blocked but are we pretending Monster wasn't an Oscar winning film lmao? 

I'm guess he probably means monster isn't similar to the type of big blockbuster movie WW is not to mention she directed that 13 years ago and only small lifetime movies since that time.

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Maybe, I don't know how Wonder Woman turns out in the end. 

All I'm saying is that Patty Jenkins doesn't have blockbuster credentials, a mere statement of fact. As for the "buzz" you are referring to, I am personally unaware of it. In matter of fact, the only thing I've heard about Wonder Woman up to now, is that it's tracking well below expectations. Not that I put too much weight on such things, but that's the information available to me right now. 

Then you need to do some catching up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I'm guess he probably means monster isn't similar to the type of big blockbuster movie WW is not to mention she directed that 13 years ago and only small lifetime movies since that time.

In matter of fact, I explained exactly that in very clear terms. 

I have also explained, that in the film industry (as in many aspects of life, sport, business etc) people start from lower tiers and when/if they prove themselves worthy/successful, they get their chance at something bigger later. 

Are the above statements controversial? 

4 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

For example? 

Jon Favreau had directed no film with a budget over $70 mil before Iron Man, and was very hit/miss. That was literally the first white director of a blockbuster I looked up. I bet I could look up literally 90% of white, male blockbuster directors and their history prior will be... average at best.

41 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Lmao I've seen that trailer a couple times and I didn't know. Is kiersey confirmed though? 

Wait side note, are cyborg and aquaman supporting characters also in JL?

Silas Stone (Vic's father) is in Justice League (in the trailer as well).  Pretty sure Kiersey said she filmed a cameo for JL.

Mera (in trailer) and Vulko (Willem Dafoe) are also in Justice League.

It seems all the Justice League characters have people from their 'solos'the film.

Edited by AdamKendall