Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So this project is attracting super top talent because ... ???

Because WB has FINALLY learned their lesson, it seems. And I don't see it as just because of Flash, I can see either of these directors ending up on other stuff like Superman, Justice League, Suicide Squad and etc. 

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Because WB has FINALLY learned their lesson, it seems. And I don't see it as just because of Flash, I can see either of these directors ending up on other stuff like Superman, Justice League, Suicide Squad and etc. 

do they even  have a script though? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

#TheFlash is trending hard on twitter, btw. WAIT FOR ZEMECKIS WB!!!!

That's because the show just got done airing and had a big ending. :P

Still ... sure has both show and movie talk. :)

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

Just now, Mikasa Ackerman said:

I hope Zemeckis doesn't get it. His current run is uninspired to say the least; his last 6 features were The Polar Express (found it boring), Beowulf (hated it), A Christmas Carol (hated it), Flight (was okay), The Walk (also okay), and Allied (boring as fuck).

Flight, Walk, and Allied are all great movies.

5 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

In matter of fact, I explained exactly that in very clear terms. 

I have also explained, that in the film industry (as in many aspects of life, sport, business etc) people start from lower tiers and when/if they prove themselves worthy/successful, they get their chance at something bigger later. 

Are the above statements controversial? 

In recent years, studios have proven to be far more comfortable hiring neophyte young male directors than experienced female ones, regardless of overall experience. Here are some examples in the last decade:

- Tron: Legacy (it was Kosinski's first credited film)

- Godzilla (Gareth Edwards had made a tiny indie movie)

- Iron Man 3 (Shane Black might've been a veteran screenwriter, but he also had only directed a small movie)

- The Amazing Spider-Man (Marc Webb had done some music videos and a small movie)

- 47 Ronin (Carl Rinsch had directed a couple of small short films)

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (the Russo brothers had directed a TV movie and a fair amount of episodic comedy)

- Guardians of the Galaxy (James Gunn had made a tiny indie movie and a small movie, basically)

- Jurassic World (Colin Trevorrow had made a TV movie and a tiny indie movie)

- Kong: Skull Island (Jordan Vogt-Roberts had directed a couple of small TV movies, a tiny indie movie, and some TV episodes)

- POTC5 (Ronning and Sandberg had directed a handful of Norwegian films, but nothing remotely close to the scale of a Hollywood tentpole)

There are plenty of veteran woman with easily this amount of experience (or more!) who've been consistently passed over for every single major directing gig on these tentpole features. Hopefully Jenkins has a huge success, and hopefully DuVarnay as well (with WRINKLE IN TIME).

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ban1o said:

do they even  have a script though? 

3 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

They have gone through multiple rewrites so I'm guessing they have a script right now.

3 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

They have a draft for Flash, yes. They hired a guy from Twilight Zone to make a script from the scratch. 

Whichever director they hire will do a pass on the script no matter what (whether they do it themselves or bring in another writer).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

In matter of fact, I explained exactly that in very clear terms. 

I have also explained, that in the film industry (as in many aspects of life, sport, business etc) people start from lower tiers and when/if they prove themselves worthy/successful, they get their chance at something bigger later. 

Are the above statements controversial? 

That would be the normal way to go, but now the middle budget movie are getting rarer and rarer, film director often pass right to giant movies. If middle budget affair continue to go away, more and more tv/small movie/ads director will jump right away to big affair.

That said, it is true that you need some prove in some ways and I would too like to see a list of talented people (with a free schedule and didn't say no in the past to a superheroes movie) that people have in mind.