Eric the Minion

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

This doesn’t seem wrong at the moment. Pre-sales aren’t huge, buzz isn’t strong at the moment, and “Midwest walkups” are non-existent until they actually happen.

It really is giving The Fall Guy vibes.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 1

I always thought San Andreas numbers were the goal for this so I don't see anything wrong if it hits the high end of tracking. Doubt it goes much higher than that though since the level of interest seems contained. Highly unlikely it pulls a Furiosa at least.

40-50M WW only. Its a C grade franchise with relatively unknown actors. A Reboot that wasnt entirely necessary- typical of Modern day hollywood. Yes, even Glenn powell isnt well known yet- the Anything but you comedy sold on the Sydney sweeney sex symbol, not him. And certainly the rest of the actors are a lot more unknown than he is.

Edited by Halba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Halba said:

40-50M WW only. Its a C grade franchise with relatively unknown actors. A Reboot that wasnt entirely necessary- typical of Modern day hollywood. Yes, even Glenn powell isnt well known yet- the Anything but you comedy sold on the Sydney sweeney sex symbol, not him. And certainly the rest of the actors are a lot more unknown than he is.

I don't have high expectations but 40-50m WW is an extremely low bar. Even Furiosa made 4x that.

On 6/27/2024 at 12:55 PM, Speedorito said:

This doesn’t seem wrong at the moment. Pre-sales aren’t huge, buzz isn’t strong at the moment, and “Midwest walkups” are non-existent until they actually happen.

It really is giving The Fall Guy vibes.

I am firmly in the $75M-$80M opening and this co-exists comfortably next to Deadpool & Wolverine camp.

But that is absolutely fair!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I am firmly in the $75M-$80M opening and this co-exists comfortably next to Deadpool & Wolverine camp.

But that is absolutely fair!

I am in the 50-65 camp and even then the presales need to pick up soon and the walkups need to come through.  Fingers crossed that happens or yes it may another Fall Guy Or Furiosa  where people just did not care in the end.

• Like 2

I don’t think it’ll end up around The Fall Guy or Furiosa numbers. But I just don’t get what it is about THIS film, as well as The Fall Guy a few months ago, that has people believing there has to be a late surge coming or that it has to be big. At least The Fall Guy had positive reviews from mid-March. Is it just because they’re the types of blockbusters people used to like way back when and there’s a desire to go back to that or something?

50WW is hilariously low though lmao

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I don’t think it’ll end up around The Fall Guy or Furiosa numbers. But I just don’t get what it is about THIS film, as well as The Fall Guy a few months ago, that has people believing there has to be a late surge coming or that it has to be big. At least The Fall Guy had positive reviews from mid-March. Is it just because they’re the types of blockbusters people used to like way back when and there’s a desire to go back to that or something?

unlike like fall guy this actually is simple to see the draw

Big disaster movie, big torandos 

Edited by Torontofan

5 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Well, Glen Powell is certainly an Internet's Boyfriend right now, so there's that. :lol:

Unless you have a certified star like Johnson or Cruise leading, the cast usually tends to be irrelevant for a movie of this sort. The average person is seeing this for Powell and Daisy Edgar-Jones as much as they were Godzilla x Kong for Rebecca Hall and Dan Stevens.

• Like 1