Eric the Fall Guy

TENET Weekend Thread | 20.2M opening with previews and Canada | RIP Movies 1888-2020

12 minutes ago, tree said:

Being #1 trending doesn't make it #1 most streamed. Does it say anywhere on Disney+ website how they define "Trending"?

From what i know, unlike Netflix, D+ trending is actually  the most streamed

I mean, if it wasn't organic, it won't hit #1 just on it's third day

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

Assuming he has got his hands on some data that means over 2m people in the US have paid for Mulan which means at least $60m (probably around $50m for Disney once they have given Apple, Google, Roku, Amazon etc. their share) that’s not a bad figure, can probably double that for Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand would seem a safe guess. 

Just now, Jamiem said:

Assuming he has got his hands on some data that means over 2m people in the US have paid for Mulan which means at least $60m (probably around $50m for Disney once they have given Apple, Google, Roku, Amazon etc. their share) that’s not a bad figure, can probably double that for Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand would seem a safe guess. 

But i wanted it to flop. hard 😥

There's no way Mulan is even in Top 5 Disney Plus top players. That trending list is some marketing BS.

Only thing that can give somewhat idea is Disney+ app downloads, even that is very poor idea of things as there are 30mn people already subscribed. Other than that nothing.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Either Hidden Figures, which got a Best Picture nod a week or two after it expanded wide, or, if you don't wanna count that, Argo. 

Come to think of it, Argo too would've stopped at about 6x without the awards season bump (it was 19/110 as of early January 2013). So if you wanna ignore that too, then it's The Ring, which came out two weeks before Halloween, and before that The Others. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tree said:

Being #1 trending doesn't make it #1 most streamed. Does it say anywhere on Disney+ website how they define "Trending"?

I kinda feel as if the “trending” section on these apps are BS, but whatever.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There's no way Mulan is even in Top 5 Disney Plus top players. That trending list is some marketing BS.

Only thing that can give somewhat idea is Disney+ app downloads, even that is very poor idea of things as there are 30mn people already subscribed. Other than that nothing.

Maybe you should  stop giving definite answers to things you have literally 0 clue about. All you’ve done regarding Mulan is spout baseless negative crap because you thought Disney “betrayed” India with Mulan. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Come to think of it, Argo too would've stopped at about 6x without the awards season bump (it was 19/110 as of early January 2013). So if you wanna ignore that too, then it's The Ring, which came out two weeks before Halloween, and before that The Others. 

So in other words, it’s unprecedented. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I would be on team long legs in this case but something tells me not.

I will be waiting for actual dailies by Tuesday for better idea. Generally we will be talking about long legs due to limited business initially as if there are capacity limitations and stuff.

But as our MTC 1 & 2 data shows, the occupancy of film are lower than The New Mutants and that film isn't showing any better legs. Yeah WoM is better, so legs won't be that crap but I am not that hopeful either.

Hoping for $60-80mn full run perhaps with it opening in CA & NY later in run.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

37 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, shit, Warners, it’s almost like it wasn’t a very good idea to do this. 

It wasn't a good idea IN AMERICA. Everywhere else it was.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

well you cannot say that like a definitive statement or something, you don't know that, neither do i or anyone here

but the movie indeed need like 3 days to reach #1, if it's just something that they control like Netflix, they would put in the top on friday like Netflix do, it doesn't make much sense

we can only hope Disney release official numbers someday

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

but the movie indeed need like 3 days to reach #1, if it's just something that they control like Netflix, they would put in the top on friday like Netflix do, it doesn't make much sense

That's what I meant. Its entirely in their hand. Netflix do this very often. They put the shows in trending despite them being not that hot so that people can go, "well see its trending".

I think we may perhaps never get numbers. Disney is best there when it comes to reporting, so I hope they do but I am not that confident.

If Mulan works on D+, guess we will be seeing something like Soul on D+.

Though Disney was dumb to not realease it theatrical outside US. 

• Like 4