Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

I have not made a comment here since the pandemic begun. This is starting to feel like the old days again. 

Since everyone already gave the conservative est, I'll be that crazy guy i used to be all the time before.

If EC number is true. 

80M+ 3-day, 95M+ 4-day, possibly 100M 4-day.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I can't express enough what an incredible victory this weekend is for movie theaters.  After 18+ months where everything from the pandemic to negativity to streaming tried to kill it, the industry comes roaring back.  

Not only is this huge for the headlines of smashing the Labor Day records, but the fact that it might beat out Black Widow is just a shot across the bow of Chapek and his minions at Disney that actively tried to kill theatrical exclusivity.  

What a victory for Kevin Feige and all the actors, directors and producers that stuck to their guns.  

So very happy right now.  

Let’s also remember that Chapek more or less put Eternals’ theatrical release date on the shoulders of SC, the first MCU origin movie featuring a title character in their first appearance in that universe since Doctor Strange 5 years ago. A lot put on the shoulders of a 1970s-originated D list superhero, Nevermind in the wake of BW’s performance and the thinkpiece gold that produced. 

so yeah, no day and date crap for Eternals.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Teenagers frantically searching for that sweet 4K Shang Chi. They’ll find it - in their nearest theater

Seeing shakey smartphone recorded scenes on YT and that’s the best you can hope for until it hits digital/D+ will almost make me think maybe nature is healing…