Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

Fucking Patty Jenkins of all people raising hell in the weekend thread before the action even begins :hahaha:

I had should a great rant about how theaters are dead after Shang-Flop goes under 60M 4 day weekend and that studios will start making new deals with streamers and delaying everything but I won't even need to use it anymore. :Venom:

• Haha 1

I posted in the other thread but I was shockingly unmoved by all of this. Why was the action so acclaimed? It's no different from the standard for MCU except maybe less cutting. Awkwafina was annoying. Simu Liu is boring and takes a literal backseat. The CGI dragon blobs are so weightless and uninteresting. fun end credit, I guess?

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Oh no iheartjames accused me of being a Marvel hater even though I love more than half the Marvel movies and have a Captain America tattoo. I'm so devastated. What ever will I do

who knows? maybe go to the free guy thread and bitch about taika for about 2 pages again

Moderation

@iHeartJames has been threadbanned for 24 hours for both posting spoilers for The Suicide Squad and for antagonizing BestPicturePlutoNash for...

*checks notes*

thinking Shang-Chi was kind of boring.

Just as an aside James, if you find a poster annoying for whatever reason, you can put them on your Ignore list and you won't see their posts anymore. It's a very effective tactic for users you can't stand reading.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Moderation

@iHeartJames has been threadbanned for 24 hours for both posting spoilers for The Suicide Squad and for antagonizing BestPicturePlutoNash for...

*checks notes*

thinking Shang-Chi was kind of boring.

Just as an aside James, if you find a poster annoying for whatever reason, you can put them on your Ignore list and you won't see their posts anymore. It's a very effective tactic for users you can't stand reading.

Don't forget the constant eye rolling anal and other boring sexual comments.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Moderation

@iHeartJames has been threadbanned

Boo.

Spoiler

The above was joke boo.

Though I think we had discussion in WV thread on what should be spoiler policy for streaming stuff, it was finalised at week after the show ends IIRC.

TSS is a streaming film, our film's policy was after digital release, which well happened a month ago. Just wondering if that should continue here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Boo.

Reveal hidden contents

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

FWIW my spoilers “complaint” was a joke — I don’t actually know how BOT deals with streamer spoilers. 

I mean there's no ironclad rule from what I can gather (though I'll probably discuss something more finite/concrete with the staff), but even though the movie can be streamed on HBO Max right now, I still don't think it's fair game even a month out from release. Something like Mandalorian or WandaVision is different, because those are TV shows with weekly episodes and discussion is going to shift to the latest episode and how it connects to the last one. There I think having spoilers out in the open are more understandable, since people going into those threads likely just watched or plan to watch the newest ep.

A movie's a bit different because while most folks are watching it on Max or in theaters when it first comes out, there are plenty who still haven't seen it or plan to see it during its theatrical run. I'm one of them. I also will argue that because not everybody has an HBO Max account and that's one of only two ways one can legally watch the movie, there's still a sense of exclusivity that makes it still prone to spoilers. I don't know when it's coming on digital platforms like iTunes and Amazon, but I'm a proponent that when a movie's been out for 3 months, then it's okay to put spoilers out in the open.

Either way, iHeartJames' behavior towards PlutoNash is the main culprit towards her threadban anyways, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1