MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

Teaser was batshit crazy. Cant wait to see the movie. 

Spoiler

it appears some or most parts of the movie would be in B&W and the bomb going off would change it to color?

plus internet is in barbie vs Oppenheimer argument. Legitlilluigi for the win. 

Edited by keysersoze123

Not to get all "political" but gotta hope Nolan actually deals with the ethical and moral complexities and darkness of this and doesn't just make it a fun race against time thriller. Would be a disservice to history.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Not to get all "political" but gotta hope Nolan actually deals with the ethical and moral complexities and darkness of this and doesn't just make it a fun race against time thriller. Would be a disservice to history.

The teaser already makes it pretty clear that it's not just that. The dialogue is the dead giveaway.

But the source material he's adapting also delves deeply into that.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

I wonder if they are going to show in any fashion the destruction and death at Hiroshima in this one, or just the New Mexico test? Obviously it IS from the American perspective but would feel kind of gross not to do....something.

I'm still more interested in this pre-release than any Nolan since Interstellar at least.

• Like 2

Since Modine is in the film, again, I'd be surprised if this creation is looked at with a completely uncritical eye.

(Modine may have taken Interstellar too close to heart)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

Since Modine is in the film, again, I'd be surprised if this creation is looked at with a completely uncritical eye.

(Modine may have taken Interstellar too close to heart)

Did this man write "Love is the most powerful weapon in the world" in a tweet completely unironically?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Judging those little teasers to judge a movie is like stupid to me. But Nolan has spoiled us, and if we're going to make teaser comparisons this is his worst yet, at least it's worse than the Tenet one, but this means nothing in the end.

I hope Warner doesn't think ever of moving Barbie's date, because things seem to indicate that they will have the last laugh.

Edited by Lighthouse

6 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

My reluctance towards this movie continues to grow. Obviously it'll be an immaculate technical feat, but that teaser is weak for his standards. The narration far too iconizing which is scary since Nolan cannot write dialogue and that might not be the most ideal approach for a film like this.

Wait, did the 'Nolan uses too much exposition' meme suddenly turn into 'Nolan can't write dialogue' while I wasn't looking?

I've run hot and cold with the guy over the last few years but he hasn't become George Lucas just yet. If he has then a period piece of scientists talking in rooms is really screwed.

Edited by Hatebox

In terms of teasers, I feel like they're all fairly comparable, but some concepts are just more teaser friendly than others. Like Tenet being a sci-fi thriller means it's going to naturally be built better for teasers than something like Oppenheimer and Dunkirk. Same goes for Inception. 

I think Interstellar's stands out the most even though they showed the least because it really established what they were going for (and the score is really good)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I wish Nolan stops doing movies like Dunkirk, Oppenheimer. As a fan, I selfishly want him to always work on original sci-fi movies. 

"Original"...?  

17 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Even Nolan can't resist the cinematic universe trend making Oppenheimer a sort of sequel to Dunkirk and its World War II saga smh.

And a prequel to TENET...for the people that were paying attention!  

BARBIE is obviously Warners' ultimate takedown plan to use the most embarrassing way possible to get revenge on Nolan for walking away!  😂

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

I would imagine getting Nolan back into the WB fold is a top priority for WBD but the flipside is that they wouldn't have been able to schedule Barbie in July as the Nolan contract for Oppenheimer means Universal can't schedule anything before it or after it. 

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Exactly. Plus WB made a fundemental error which is directly conflicting his philosophy.

BTW do we know when the trailer gets an online release? Suppose by Monday the latest. 

Hopefully soon, because I half-missed it, thanks to it being played after the IMAX ads/light cue, and not with the usual green band intro. Thought it was the start of Nope movie at first