MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

24 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think Oppenheimer is going to just be "A Beautiful Mind with Nukes" is all I'm saying.

It's not an action movie he's known for so what you're saying isn't exactly spot on. It's also going to have extremely limited demographic appeal

The lowest I see this is like 80s but I'll keep it around Ford v Ferrari numbers (117m), but that was an A+ Cinemascore crowdpleaser so likely around 110

Unless the plan to recreate the big battles of WW2, I don't see how this goes. It is called a "thriller" so one would expect some tension, but no idea how they create that without actually showing some action of ww2.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

I don't think Oppenheimer is going to just be "A Beautiful Mind with Nukes" is all I'm saying.

Turns out it will be a revisionist movie with Oppenheimer assassinating Hitler while delivering his catchphrase "It's Oppen Time"

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

22 hours ago, excel1 said:

This film is going to need to be GOAT good in order to come even close to making money. This seems like such an obvious "lose money now to make money later via Nolan relationship" play. 

Universal is involved with the James Bond franchise now. So that could be something they are wanting with Nolan at some point. 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I'll never buy into Nolan doing Bond tbh. I don't think he really wants it.

He has said he is interested in doing it in the past. 

He also has said  

“I’ve been plundering ruthlessly from the Bond movies in everything I’ve done, forever. They’re a huge influence on me.”

22 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

He also has said  

“I’ve been plundering ruthlessly from the Bond movies in everything I’ve done, forever. They’re a huge influence on me.”

I know. But while he's obviously heavily influenced by Bond, I think he's ultimately more interested in doing original stuff. Not to mention by plundering from them already he's already utilized a lot of ideas he would have used for it in the first place. The rest I figure was being polite to the Broccolis.

Obviously I'm talking out of my ass but that's just my gut feeling and it can't be wrong

Edited by MrPink

27 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

He also has said  

Which is why he probably should not bother with it. We've already seen a lot of Bond stuff from him with the Batman movies, Inception, & Tenet. And we've seen his influence on the Bond franchise in recent years too. Somehow I get the feeling if he actually did a Bond movie, it would probably end up as a letdown. Haha

• Like 1