MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

can't wait to see cillian murphy's cock in IMAX 70MM

dondraperinmovietheater.jpg

Nolan rewatched 28 Days Later as he was finishing the script and got right on the phone. "Cillian...it's your turn. You're my leading cock"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Has Nolan made an R rated movie before? Memento maybe? It's interesting that the biography of a scientist is where he pulls out the R rating, in either case. It might be a sign of the greater power he has at Universal.

Meh. I don't think that has anything to do with it. Pretty sure he could have done any R rated flick he wanted post TDK at WB. Hell, WB probably were begging him to go Saving Private Ryan R for Dunkirk and sell the spectacle more easily...

It is very funny to me that THIS is the movie where he'd go R. Maybe all that 40's smoking. 

Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer” is officially rated R, Variety confirms with Universal Pictures. The film is Nolan’s first for the studio after his lengthy tenure at Warner Bros., where he directed tentpoles such as “Interstellar,” “Inception” and his Dark Knight trilogy. “Oppenheimer” will be Nolan’s first R-rated feature since 2002’s “Insomnia.”

The director confirmed last month that “Oppenheimer” is the longest movie of his career yet, running just shy of the three-hour mark. What does that mean for prints of the film? The Associated Press reports that “Oppenheimer” is so long that IMAX prints are “11 miles of film stock” that “weigh some 600 pounds.” As is par for the course, Nolan shot the movie using large format film camera. Universal Pictures has now made tickets available for the film in premium theaters such as IMAX 70mm, 70mm, IMAX digital, 35mm, Dolby Cinema and more.

Oppenheimer Earns R Rating, Film Stock Is 11 Miles Long - Variety

They should make "This Movie is 11 Miles Long" the official tagline in the marketing ngl.

Initial presales look good to me. This has Nolan, huge ensemble and covers a critical part of history which is still relevant with kinds of conflict seen. Audience will be adults but not sure why this had to be R rated. Do we need that many F-bombs or nudity in this movie. Could have kept it to PG-13 so that teens could have still seen it. 

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Initial presales look good to me. This has Nolan, huge ensemble and covers a critical part of history which is still relevant with kinds of conflict seen. Audience will be adults but not sure why this had to be R rated. Do we need that many F-bombs or nudity in this movie. Could have kept it to PG-13 so that teens could have still seen it. 

It might be a bullshit R rating. One that isn't needed.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The MPA has been known to give an R rating just for excessive smoking (which would be accurate for this time period) so wouldn't surprise me if that might've played a factor too.

Nah I just think there's a Good amount of F bombs (like 10 or so, maybe more), and then some tits, and not just a brief flash.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I don't know that there is some huge audience of teens now denied, BUT I do know a lot of older adults who simply will not go to R rated movies. They don't like the language or sex, particularly. Just don't want to pay to see that. I do find it an odd choice to keep it at an R rather than trim whatever offending nudity or whatever is the issue because I actually think that would help with expanding its core audience of adults.

I'm still personally planning to see it eventually, but probably not opening weekend. It's my kind of movie, though I'm not a big Nolan fan by any means.  I just find the subject matter fascinating.  I'm glad they are still making movies about things like this, and I'm sure it will be well done.

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

So did they announce tickets being on sale so soon just so they could cut an advertisement on the NBA finals?

Universal opens presales extremely early, Nope had a similarly early presale window and Fast X opened like 100 days before release

• Astonished 1