MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it did increase yesterday. Yuge 980% increase to 120K. Imax tickets did sell for sure. Not enough to make a run for 1B. But 950m+ will happen with re-releases in Imax. 

But if it wins major awards and gets full Imax/PLF release for couple of weeks WW, it might have a slim chance. 

This is such a great movie. Only ended up seeing it once in the theater though. Will be buying it on Blu Ray. Yep I still buy those . Not as many as I used too. 

For a post Oppenheimer release article, I found the interview to be a bit underwhelming, a lot of stuff he had already said on the campaign trail. Nonetheless, from his quotes again he stresses the need for 100% creative control, so those Bond rumors a month or two back just don't really jive with that.

And yes I expect Nolan at some point to do a film again for WB, just not in the immediate future given how enormously successful Oppenheimer was. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrPink said:

For a post Oppenheimer release article, I found the interview to be a bit underwhelming, a lot of stuff he had already said on the campaign trail. Nonetheless, from his quotes again he stresses the need for 100% creative control, so those Bond rumors a month or two back just don't really jive with that.

And yes I expect Nolan at some point to do a film again for WB, just not in the immediate future given how enormously successful Oppenheimer was. 

I kinda read it as him being polite. As long as Universal keeps doing things right by him I doubt he would leave.

6 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

I kinda read it as him being polite. As long as Universal keeps doing things right by him I doubt he would leave.

And I'm sure he'll stick with Universal as long as it remains convenient. But at some point, I'm sure the right opportunity arises where it makes sense to work with WB again. Nolan fortunately has the luxury to always be a free agent and evaluate on a per film basis.

Question if he will go for First Look offer with Universal at this point. Probably not. He would just invite bids from all studios for his next project. he was very cagey in the interview as usual about his next project. Did not rule out anything but will announce it his own way after what happened to Howard Hughes Bio. Of course back then Nolan was not yet a big name. 

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Question if he will go for First Look offer with Universal at this point. Probably not. He would just invite bids from all studios for his next project. he was very cagey in the interview as usual about his next project. Did not rule out anything but will announce it his own way after what happened to Howard Hughes Bio. Of course back then Nolan was not yet a big name. 

Makes me wonder, if Nolan's finally going to give Damon a leading role lol

I think the film should have focused a bit more on the moral implications of the nuclear bomb then on the technical aspects of the Oppenhimier trial however the ending is something for the ages.

Whether it was fictional or not having two of the most famous scientists of all time on screen talking about how they lead to the destruction of the world was a haunting message to send to audiences.

Nolans best work since Interstellar by far 

9/10 

12 hours ago, MrPink said:

And I'm sure he'll stick with Universal as long as it remains convenient. But at some point, I'm sure the right opportunity arises where it makes sense to work with WB again. Nolan fortunately has the luxury to always be a free agent and evaluate on a per film basis.

If Comcast buys Warner, he can play with both Universal & Warner under the same roof. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If Comcast buys Warner, he can play with both Universal & Warner under the same roof. Lol

Comcast won't buy WB, that's an anti competition suit waiting to happen. 

I think a joint Universal/WB Nolan film is likely.

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

With all the mergers and corporate buyouts that have happened in the past decade, I’m not convinced that the idea of Comcast buying WB would be shot down. Still, I don’t know if they’d want to bother doing that. Isn’t Comcast in debt as well? 

• Like 1

Be serious, Nolan owes WB massive thanks for putting Barbie opposite Oppenheimer. Had it opened by itself on a random week, I would guess it does about 40% of what it actually did. Still would have been a great and successful film, but Barbenheimer took it into the stratosphere 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Be serious, Nolan owes WB massive thanks for putting Barbie opposite Oppenheimer. Had it opened by itself on a random week, I would guess it does about 40% of what it actually did. Still would have been a great and successful film, but Barbenheimer took it into the stratosphere 

Except WB did it with malicious intent in the beginning lol it just semi-backfired on them lol

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

I would guess it does about 40% of what it actually did. 

I, too, can make numbers up and say it would have made 50% more with empty screen space instead of Barbie.

We can obviously say it was a special circumstance, but we can't even begin to assess the actual impact on either film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Then Comcast & whoever else should sue regulators for allowing Disney to buy a ton of major brands recently (PIXAR, Marvel, Lucasfilm/Star Wars, and 20th Century Fox). Break up Disney if we are going down the path of blocking other mergers from happening.