MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

20 hours ago, excel1 said:

Personal preference aside, obviously TDK is peak Nolan, BB, and Inception are tied for Nolans 2nd best, followed by TDKR, all of which left giant pop culture footprints w/ TDK being clearly most influential film of the 2000s. Interstellar is probably next. Dunkirk well behind and legit. nobody knows/remembers/cares about Tenet. 

I listened to the rewatchables podcast on The Ringer. They did Dunkirk a year or so ago and Quentin Tarantino was a guest there. He thought it was the 2nd best movie of the 2010s and a masterpiece. I would not have it that high but it was pretty damn good.  I preferred it to Interstellar. I think Memento is still my favorite but have not seen it for a long time so might have to rewatch and see how I feel now.

Edited by Ronin46

14 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Nolan said hes a big fan of f&f, would be awesome if universal could get him to direct the last movie 

If its going to be a franchsie I would prefer that its Bond over Fast (I know Tenet is Bond like in some aspects). Prefer him to keep doing original movies post Batman though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ronin46 said:

If its going to be a franchsie I would prefer that its Bond over Fast (I know Tenet is Bond like in some aspects). Prefer him to keep doing original movies post Batman though.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bond producers don't have him on their list at least, to be honest. 

1. Dark Knight

2. Inception

3. The Prestige

4. Memento

5. Following

6. Tenet

7. Begins

8. Rises

9. Dunkirk

10. Interstellar

11. Insomnia

I think?

Begins just aged gracelessly and is goofy and visually incompetent despite rousing moments and resonant central theme. He wasn't formally at the level he is now. Rises is simultaneously overcooked and undercooked. Dunkirk is his best shot film but the narrative conceit is disengaging and annihilates most momentum despite the climax somehow working

I think it shows Nolan's range that how differently folks view his films as their favourite. Suppose TDK and INCEPTION probably the most universally loved. MEMENTO a stone cold classic as well. Some rate INTERSTELLAR very high and very low. I'm on the high end. Same with DUNKIRK.

I know TENET got some lukewarm reception, but what surprised me with that film that it got better and better with each viewing as it often does with most Nolan films.

What limits OPPENHEIMER's tally is exactly that. It's probably not a film that generates a lot of repeat viewing.

• Like 1