MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

On 12/22/2022 at 6:10 AM, StreamBO said:

LOL at people here defending Nolan Non defensible WB backstabing, all the WB problems you people talk about are DCEU related something that never affected him. Plus Tenet bomb is the reason Of the HBO MAX 2021 thing. He on his desperation to release Tenet, caused the HBO MAX thing and he is blaming them for the same thing he created. Top Gun Maverick holded for 2 years, he did not and loose WB tons of money. 

And GOD bless day and date best cinema invention ever. If all theaters screens were PLF, Day and Date would not bother them in the slightest, People would still go to cinema just look at GvK (but if your movie does not deliver people wont go, so scamming is OVER) All cinema that makes money from 2018 onward is basically big blockbusters. 

ducks laughing GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I feel like the only justified reason to be annoyed about Nolan leaving WB is that it meant that we couldn't get a TDKR IMAX re-release this year. 

I mean WB owns the movie. They can do whatever they want with it. I doubt Nolan would have been pushing them to do any kind of special release with it. He's busy with the Oppenheimer project. 

On 12/21/2022 at 10:17 PM, StreamBO said:

Why because DCEU? when has that affected Nolan the slightest, He was like New Line Cinema horror that is not affected by that either, Syncopy was allowed to do whatever they wanted inside WB, if he wanted even more he could transfer even more to New Line, people are just hating on WB for no reason. 

Honestly, WB is in disarray. Nolan releasing Tenet during Covid high wasn't smart, but ever since the day and date HBO Max thing and now the shit show that is the Discovery merger, Nolan leaving is for the best. It's like being in a relationship and after 15 years, the person you are left is a completely different. You can stay or realize it's healthier to move on. Nolan doesn't owe WB shit. He already made them tons and brought Batman's popularity sky high. 

• Like 3

Another pic of Murphy in a period suit and hat... Yay!

I mean, by God, I love period drama pieces, especially ones inspired by real historical fact. I'm the kind of person that will eat shit like The King's Speech or Darkest Hour up. But it's really not the kind of thing that gets my blood pumping in IMAX. Even as counter-programming, I'm just not seeing that July spot as logical.

imax trailer felt more like a theatrical trailer, but there still isn't much tension.

Oppenheimer: what the chain reaction doesn't stop?!?!?!?!

einstein: ...it will ignite the atmosphere...

audience: glad that didn't happen