Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

23 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

The first movie is apparently heading to Netflix in a few days. Good opportunity to gain some new fans.

I was just about to share that news. Hopefully it results in some additional exposure. Need to watch if it makes Netflix’s top ten. 

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Netflix is what people think Twitter is. It's a driver of popularity. You get popular there, you've made it.

Helped Across the Spiderverse. 

I’m not expecting an entirely similar boost for Dune. I like the movie, but Denis didn’t make it as GA-friendly as he could have. 

11 minutes ago, Squire said:

Helped Across the Spiderverse. 

I’m not expecting an entirely similar boost for Dune. I like the movie, but Denis didn’t make it as GA-friendly as he could have. 

True, but I think there's enough in it for certain scenes/moments to go viral due to netflix/tiktok.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Dune in general isn’t a very GA friendly franchise. 

I don’t disagree. It’s one of my favorite books. 

I tend to think Denis dropped the ball on the sword and shield action. He did a good job setting up how it works and then doesn’t do enough with it, even outright ignoring the rules at times. 

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

My 2nd time. My first time was also a link posted on BOT

Only the most interesting minds coalesce in the back-alley of the internet that is BOT. It's either data analysts tracking movies for fun in their downtime (the dream...) or people who think linking to Threads is socially acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Threads has a built in credibility that's more enticing to advertisers than Twitter probably is right now. If it goes down, due to either bad policy ideas or just the site breaking down, Threads is a very advertiser friendly alternative with a solid user count and awareness already

With FNAF shaping up to be a huge hit, I will say moving this turned out to be the right move. The screen crunch would have been too much, particularly as theaters would have been locked into showing Eras for 4 weeks or not showing it at all. Between Eras, KOTFM, FNAF, Dune 2, and Marvels, someone needed to blink and Dune 2 did, and to its benefit, as now actors will likely be able to promote it.

The problem is they decided to move it into an even more packed March, when it could have easily functioned as a "Spring kick-off" by releasing on Presidents Day weekend, and would certainly get a longer PLF window.

• Like 1

Don't see how it doesn't move to mid-late July given how Warners has been religious about that slot and under these circumstances. Especially if Part 2 delivers the goods like some have suggested.

Their summer 2024 slate is weak sauce and there's about to be massive reshufflings all over the place from all the studios for next year.