Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Just for context, in @Cap's prediction contest where the deadline (for previews) was before tickets going on sale, the average prediction was 29.7m and the highest was 45m. 

IF it follows TFA multi for Friday it will make 104m OD, with Endgame's multi it gets to 130m OD and with IW it gets to 136m OD.

Some more contest preview stats:

Some random stats ‘cause I can:

Mean — 29.7M

standard deviation — 7.57M

2 sigma range — 14.5M-44.9M  

geomean — 28.7M

geometric SD factor — 1.3225

geometric 2 sigma range — 16.4M to 50.2M

Basically came in at +2 z. Extremely good, 97th percentile shit.  

Now all I need is for @Cap is to put down sims for 5 second and give me the rest of the nums so I can nobly wield them to ward off meltdowns (not that we’ll need it, lol).

Edited by Product Driven Legion

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Excellent numbers, but i can't help but be a little sad about the others movies that are floppin. I don't think the OVER 50s are ever coming back to theaters

Just wait for the people who were teens when Iron man came out to age into being the over 50 cohort and they’ll show up like gangbusters for marvel #107 

• Astonished 2

The real victory here is the fact that the cinematic equivalent of diarrhea that is The Rise of Skywalker will not the be last billion dollar movie ever made.

In roughly 15 hours from now, I'll be seeing this movie after riding on the hype train for well over a year. I still can't believe it's finally over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 2

8 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Just wait for the people who were teens when Iron man came out to age into being the over 50 cohort and they’ll show up like gangbusters for marvel #107 

I'm slowly starting to come to the realization that Downey and Evans will probably get the Cushing Rogue One treatment in a few decades with these movies and I am utterly terrified of that idea.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

I'm slowly starting to come to the realization that Downey and Evans will probably get the Cushing Rogue One treatment in a few decades with these movies and I am utterly terrified of that idea.

Major difference is RDJ and Evans most likely have contractual language that would pay them or their estates HUGE $$$$$$$$$$ if that were to happen.  Unlike Cushing.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Our AI effects will be sick by then, I think it'll be a lot of fun.

42 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Excellent numbers, but i can't help but be a little sad about the others movies that are floppin. I don't think the OVER 50s are ever coming back to theaters

Some will, some won't. would suck though cause I don't just want a bunch of Comic Book movies and other YA heavy Blockbusters to be the only thing to see in theaters.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hades said:

Sony must be glad they held their ground and not let Disney bully them for a larger share of the profits..Good for them

Actually they ended up letting Disney invest 25% of the movie.

Previously Disney only got a producer fee (and the toys).

• Like 8