Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 minutes ago, Menace Legion said:

At least you lost it taking the under on 207. I’ve got a guy on Reddit who owes me because they took the under on 160 :hahaha:

Though we followed up with an equal bet where I took over 230. Had been a little nervous about that one but thankfully I’m safe now.

42 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess, but all it takes is one bad hour to be just 119M and some folks here are gonna be all doom and gloom when/if that happens. But chalo, I don't have to bear that, its RTH's turn. 😛

lol anyone who is doom and gloom after 120m after 1.5 days is CRAZY pants.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. DAMN close to the best. Bye bye Black Panther. 

1 minute ago, Danhjpn said:

How did Infinity War do 39 million in previews and end up taking the OW record? Lol that's some backloading right there. If I remember correctly, Saturday was the biggest day ever for theater's at that time. Also the Friday number kept adjusting up. Usually big event Marvel films like this biggest days are Saturdays.

Marvel are GA family movies. Quite curious about NWH’s Sat.

2 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

How did Infinity War do 39 million in previews and end up taking the OW record? Lol that's some backloading right there. If I remember correctly, Saturday was the biggest day ever for theater's at that time. Also the Friday number kept adjusting up. Usually big event Marvel films like this biggest days are Saturdays.

6PM  preview start for IW would also have helped the multi. 

Just now, Menace Legion said:

Though we followed up with an equal bet where I took over 230. Had been a little nervous about that one but thankfully I’m safe now.

Covid gave people plenty of reason to freak. Omicron hasn't hit us AND reviews are baller. Ecstatic I was wrong. Hope this sucker has a crazy next week as well.

59 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Ok this will be a SUPER IMPERFECT science but I remember doing Endgame's 2nd Friday at my theater and I'm curious how accurate it'll be so I thought I'd try to comp NWH 1st Saturday against it. My previews comp for NWH vs EG over indexed by 14.8% so I'll apply that here. 

Spider-Man: No Way Home Current Number, 24 Screen Theater, 8PM - December 17, 2021

Counting for Saturday - December 18, 2021

45 show times, 2867 tickets sold 

Comp to Endgame 2nd Friday

+132.5% before adjustment 

$80,669,464

11 minutes ago, Menace Legion said:

Marvel are GA family movies. Quite curious about NWH’s Sat.

Let's see how well this comp does, shall we? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flopped said:

After this weekend Hollywood is going to redouble its efforts to make us think Zendaya is some A+ list superstar. Nevermind that Euphoria had middling numbers that were only considered successful because it drew people under 25 to HBO. Or that her Netflix movie absolutely bombed. 

Zendaya has 114 million followers and a Emmy win. She’s definitely a star. Lol

• Like 4

10 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I’m pretty sure Shang Chi would’ve hit 250m without covid.

Without COVID, Shang Chi wouldn't have 4 weekends to itself with literally no competition.

I would say domestic wise, COVID helped Shang Chi as everything else moved.

Is Nightmare Alley really predicted to do less than 4M? Holy shit it's truly over. A-list actor coming off a huge hit + A-list director coming off a BP winner + amazing supporting cast = megabomb?? It doesn't help that I still don't quite know what the movie is about, though.