Eric Lasagna

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I don’t get how Venom is in the post credits scene, Strange said that it was only people that knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man that got pulled in but That Venom doesn’t even know Peter Parker.

That Venom knew of a Peter Parker based on the Venom post credit scene.  He immediately knew who SM was on the TV. 

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I don’t get how Venom is in the post credits scene, Strange said that it was only people that knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man that got pulled in but That Venom doesn’t even know Peter Parker.

Sony wanted the MCU link to boost Venom 2.

Marvel didnt want that shit around them at all and kicked him out the Universe at the fist chance they could get.

I imagine they’ll come up with a way to have the left behind symbiot transport Tom Hardy back to the MCU once the time comes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

Where do they go from here?

I feel like McGuire AND Garfield movies would make money? Garfield especially has so much left to give. 

I suggested this elsewhere: for Tobey, do a Mayday Parker movie.

(AU where MJ and Peter’s teenage daughter oh gee also has powers and she basically takes over the mantle, her pops forced to retire because of an injury.)

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

So, why exactly were Electro and Tom Hardy’s Venom transported to the MCU? They didn’t know that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. In fact, they didn’t even know Peter Parker at all. If anything, it seems like it would’ve made more sense for Topher Grace’s Venom to be transported.

Also, as a side note, it would’ve been neat if they brought up the fact that Doctor Strange supposedly exists as a fictional character in Tobey Maguire’s universe. 

By the way, I definitely heard a brief snippet of the Electro theme when we first see him, but none of the chanting. 

anybody else notice Garfield saying “magic exists here too?” As if magic is a thing in his world too and he’s encountered it before. Nice piece of world building there.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a few other things to bring up. Once again, there is still no acknowledgement of Uncle Ben in the MCU. Maguire and Garfield’s Spider-Men explicitly mention their Bens, but we get nothing from Holland. Furthermore, I would’ve thought that Aunt May’s gravestone would be next to his, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Is it fair at this point to assume that the MCU Peter Parker never had an Uncle Ben?

Also, this movie seems to confirm that Oscorp doesn’t exist in the MCU. Does that officially rule out the odds of seeing a proper MCU version of the Green Goblin? 

They reference Uncle Ben in What If so there is one mention of Ben Parker in the MCU 😂

maybe Feige thinks Willem Dafoe is too iconic to do a reboot or maybe we’ll get one in the next iteration 20 years from now.

Really hope Tobey and Andrew got a very good paycheck for this! They totally deserve it!

This movie got surreal hype along with typical spidey+MCU hype due to Tobey and andrew!

It was so emotional watching them on screen and my god andrew saving MJ 😭😭😭😭😭 

• Like 1

I think that people overthink the spell (how forgetting about PP works, etc). The point is that he made a sacrifice and that the universe has cleaned the slate in particular from Iron Spiderman "crap" that many didn't like. Of course that there will be plotholes as is always the case with plot devices (see nitpicking over Cap staying in the past with Peggy) but that's not the point. The point is what it means for the character and here it works beautifully. 

• Like 2

In the post credit scene we see that Venom disappears along the SM and TASM villains and spideys...does that hint any possibility of Venom going in either of the two universes say SM or TASM and we get to see Tobey, andrew and holland maybe again?

Also did you guys notice when toby comes from his universe first time after looking and MJ and Ned he say i know you...kind of felt that this gave a hint of what MCU has to offer us! (Same amazing shit again :D )  

Edited by John Rambo
more

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I thought that "I know you" was for Andrew who was in Spiderman suit. As in "I know this suit". 

makes sense but i kinda felt he said those to MJ  and Ned...post which i was trying to connect dots...tobey to andrew did not strike at all haha 😅

23 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Also did you guys notice when toby comes from his universe first time after looking and MJ and Ned he say i know you...kind of felt that this gave a hint of what MCU has to offer us! (Same amazing shit again :D )  

No.

It's made pretty clear that both Tobey and Andrew were brought to MCU's world along with the Villains as Andrew explain it right away that he knew 'em. When Ned opens portal it's not to different multiverse but somewhere in his own world. They were aware of Tom Holland and his friends via all the ongoing news.

Another thing to note was -  because Andrew was in Spiderman suit when he was whisked to MCU world, he was hiding near Alleyway, where as Tobey was standing somewhere in room/hotel normally.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think that people overthink the spell (how forgetting about PP works, etc). The point is that he made a sacrifice and that the universe has cleaned the slate in particular from Iron Spiderman "crap" that many didn't like. Of course that there will be plotholes as is always the case with plot devices (see nitpicking over Cap staying in the past with Peggy) but that's not the point. The point is what it means for the character and here it works beautifully. 

Hehe iron spider crap. That made me remember something that I haven’t seen mentioned on any message boards  yet anywhere. In the opening 10 minutes or so there is a shot of Spider-Man as a baby(in his suit still) and it says iron Man jr. That made me laugh and instantly remember all the criticisms of the first 2 films and his tech suits.

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I thought that "I know you" was for Andrew who was in Spiderman suit. As in "I know this suit". 

I thought he said I know you cause he saw them on the tv when he got there. I figured that’s how they both knew they were in another universe cause Spidey was on every tv channel 24/7.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1