Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Like so much of 2000s pop culture, it exists in a vacuum that had seemingly no staying power as people quickly reverted to nostalgia for the 1990s. 

Depends prequels still have a lot of staying power from the 2000s. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Like so much of 2000s pop culture, it exists in a vacuum that had seemingly no staying power as people quickly reverted to nostalgia for the 1990s. 

I mean all the Twilight movies topped the Netflix charts when they were out in there last year. I thought Twilight would be something people look back more on going “I can’t believe I liked that” rather than with any fondness but I guess not 

2000s nostalgia is also allowing people to fondly remember totally shitty things based on comments I am reading  like the live action Scooby Doo movies, and. some of those Fox Marvel movies like Fantastic Four

Edited by John Marston

46 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

The entire Super Bowl was full of "remember that" for the early 2000s. The half-time show, the Austin Powers parody, that Sopranos car ad, the crypto ads were basically like all those dot-com ads. It feels weird to be pandered to like this. Maybe that's what 90s kids felt back in the day.

Isn't most of that stuff late 1990s? A true early 2000s throwback would be people like Nelly, Josh Hartnett, Sean William Scott,  Ashanti, Hillary Duff, Mischa Barton, etc. People that were very "of that time". TBH I don't think there's much of a yearning for most things from back then, either. Tobey Spider-man is a definite exception, would be an original trio Potter movie. 

Edited by excel1

Just got an email from a local cinema chain to specifically make people aware that The Batman has a 15 rating here in the UK. 

Probably to try and curb complaining parents when they can’t get in with their kids and young teenagers. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Did anyone actually watch that Nutcracker movie the Renesmee actress was in? Feels like it would have been one of those bad movies you can enjoy if high.

*Blinks*

I forgot this existed 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

2000s nostalgia is also allowing people to fondly remember totally shitty things based on comments I am reading  like the live action Scooby Doo movies, and. some of those Fox Marvel movies like Fantastic Four

They're definitely not good, but I had fun re-watching them last year, if only for how funny it is to see where James Gunn got his start before he hit it big as a director.

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

I mean all the Twilight movies topped the Netflix charts when they were out in there last year. I thought Twilight would be something people look back more on going “I can’t believe I liked that” rather than with any fondness but I guess not 

This is why I believe there could be plenty people who are not passionate yet still interested in pattinson as batman hidden out there in the potential demand. It has been 10 years since twilight saga and those girls may start feeling nostalgic of the cast. They may not CBM fans but they just want to see pattinson in his biggest role since twilight.

5 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Because the market is no longer star driven. 00s nostalgia is very real, we literally saw it in action just two months ago!!!

Sure am looking forward to all of the "nostalgia" arguments that are gonna swirl around Avatar 2 when it gets released later this year. :sadfleck:

(Yes, "I said what I said" when I said "when it gets released later this year")

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sure am looking forward to all of the "nostalgia" arguments that are gonna swirl around Avatar 2 when it gets released later this year:sadfleck:

:redcapes:

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

:redcapes:

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Apparently was clear enough, so...

i-said-what-i-said-nene-leakes.gif

im-not-taking-it-back-real-housewives-of

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Apparently was clear enough, so...

i-said-what-i-said-nene-leakes.gif

im-not-taking-it-back-real-housewives-of

I will always respect people who are brave and willing enought to go down with the ship.

• Thanks 1