Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

13 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

That has not been my impression 🤷‍♂️   

But if so, good 👍 

You’re just clouded by your bias against anything that isn’t an IP or directly/personally appealing.

People want grosses and audiences to return to the degree they were pre-pandemic for all movies and Lost City is helping that case. But why do you even care? You don’t watch these movies, you don’t root for them, you could care less since it has no impact on your interests and viewing habits,  so why does it matter to you regardless? 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You’re just clouded by your bias against anything that isn’t an IP or directly/personally appealing.

People want grosses and audiences to return to the degree they were pre-pandemic for all movies and Lost City is helping that case. But why do you even care? You don’t watch these movies, you don’t root for them, you could care less since it has no impact on your interests and viewing habits,  so why does it matter to you regardless? 

So cute you think I have  bias against these movies. I just end up playing devil’s advocate often because a lot of people seem to take a rose colored glasses approach to them based on personal preference.

I care because I find the box office industry interesting and fun to follow/predict. Shocking, I know. Who would expect to find such a person in a place like this?

Edited by Villain Legion
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

So cute you think I have  bias against these movies. I just end up playing devil’s advocate often because a lot of people seem to take a rose colored glasses approach to them based on personal preference.

I care because I find the box office industry interesting and fun to follow/predict. Shocking, I know. Who would expect to find such a person in a place like this?

This situation doesn't warrant a devil's advocate, though

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This situation doesn't warrant a devil's advocate, though

I think ~every situation warrants a devil’s advocate.   

But especially one where like 90% of local commentators have a clear rooting interest! I mean cmon that is like the textbook case for one.

I just bought 6 tickets for Lost City for tomorrow.

The power of a Cinemark annual pass and an Atom deal making it JUST cheap enough that you say "what the heck - 2 movies this month are even better than 1"...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Moderation

@BestPicturePlutoNash @Villain Legion Enough. Both of you. It feels like the two of you fight every other week and it is exhausting. It's very clear you two don't see eye to eye and it's clear you guys will constantly get into heated arguments. It's really gotten old, there's nothing of value contributed here, and you both have enough self-control to know that you don't have to fight about this stuff.

Please just put each other on "Ignore" via our forum functionalities or just let each other be.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Probably not Nope but Peele can do it 

If he was gonna do it, it would have been after GO. But US left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths after the initial knee-jerk praise. 

Lost City is having really REALLY strong evening sales. Matinee were also surprisingly strong given it’s a weekday. Wouldn’t be surprised if it can go as high as 35M if I’m being honest.

Someone start a Lost City > Morbius OW Club.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

Does original mean can't be based off a book even?  

In that case, you would have to have just a perfect combination of concept, star, director and early buzz.  

I think something like Inception would have been around $85m inflation adjusted.   

• Like 2