Eric Prime

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

8 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I imagine Saturday bumps will be negligible due to Good Friday but what how doe Easter Sunday affect the box office? 

Usually fairly normal sun/sat, sometimes a bit harsher than normal depending on Sat worked out. Therefore bit deflated vs last sun 

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

Amy Rose or Rogue The Bat. 

Anyways at the theater for Everything Everywhere All At Once and these posters for League of Super Pets have taglines like “He Doesn’t Take Sit From Anyone” and “They Call Him Bark Kent” and I feel such an intense illness in my stomach for it. So that means a 40m/135m run.

Those taglines are so fucking corny.

I love em

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Was gonna reply to the post myself, but you got there first. 

Btw a correction 4 not 5 of the last 10 McU movies have missed the mark (AM&TW, BW, SC and Eternals). And 2 out of 10 pre covid movies missed that mark, not 3 (AM&TW and DS1)

But I think what he meant to say was going forward those ip’s will not miss 100m which is why he included Avatar. If that is to be the criteria then I think there is a good chance that no MCU movie misses the 100m mark. 

Yeah and black widow and Shang chi would’ve probably did 100m OWs without covid. Eternals probably wouldn’t have.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Things are not going back to the way they were before Covid.  It accelrated a move by many people toward streaming that is permanent.

They are going to get very close, and the larger point was that nothing has even come close to a plateau yet.  So many have been dead wrong about theatrical, especially the studios.  Eventually they will, as many have already, figure out that pumping the theatrical followed by PVOD and finally streaming is the way to maximize profits.  

Either way, I'm going to guess your take is about as accurate as when you said that The Northman was going to be a limited art house release and 2 days later Universal announces it will be in 3k+ theaters opening weekend.  

Like I said in that thread, you would be well served to listen to people like me a lot more and a lot closer.  You might learn something.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Anyways, FB is looking pretty much flat today, which is decent after an inflated Friday.  

Should be sitting right around $34m going into Sunday.  

Impressive. What about the hedgehog and EEAAO?

20 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Anyways, FB is looking pretty much flat today, which is decent after an inflated Friday.  

Should be sitting right around $34m going into Sunday.  

All things considered, this is about as good as it was going to do. Still not good for a tent pole with the price tag, but unless it just implodes in the next two weeks, I can see WB giving this a fourth and final installment.

• Like 3

I debated doing this as soon as Memorial Day but I thought F9's June OW would be more ideal. The 3day openings post-pandemic:

SpiderMan: 260

Batman: 134m

90-99: Venom

80-89: Black Widow

70-79: (4)

50-59: No Time To Die

40-49: (4)

30-39: (5)

20-29: (6)

10-19: (14)

5-9: (16) 

1-4 (17)

Under 1m:

Infinite Storm- 758k

Kings Daughter- 723k

Wolf and Lion- 641k

Other:

Belle( GKIDS)- 1.5

Still depressing the largest groups mostly belong to dramas/original. (Lots of horror, though, but that's par for course). 

Also not including Fantastic Beasts or Father Stu this week

Regarding Sonic 2, most 'family films' see a low drop post Easter weekend. 

HTTYD - (-14.3%) 

Rio - (-43.8%) 

The Lorax - (-39.3%) 

The Croods - (-22.7%) 

Rio 2 - (-37.4%) 

Home - (-31.4%) 

Zootopia - (-19.6%) 

The Boss Baby - (-20.6%) 

Too much variation to make a conclusion, but a 16-17M (-35% to -40%) would be a good hold for Sonic. Prolly neck n neck with The Bad Guys.