Eric the IF

Air | April 5, 2023 | Amazon | Ben Affleck, Matt Damon | Getting a theatrical release

5 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

99% Critics rating and 99% audience score and up to 82 on Metacritic 

Affleck cements his place as one of the greatest modern day directors

ranking as follows(Modern day directors- no older than 60) that currently are active.

1. Dennis Villeneuve

2. Christopher Nolan

3. Ben Affleck (Air, The Town, Argo, Gone baby gone)

4. Rian Johnson

Edited by Halba

Just now, Halba said:

Affleck cements his place as one of the greatest modern day directors

ranking as follows(Modern day directors- no older than 60) that currently are active.

1. Dennis Villeneuve

2. Christopher Nolan

3. Ben Affleck

4. Rian Johnson

this could be the greatest movie of all time 😮 

The budget for this is absurd.... r u kidding? I literally figured the production budget was like $30m...

I'm sure it's a similar deal as Magic Mike 3, where it was originally ended to be a streaming thing, so they just paid all the actors like 2.5x their salaries, but idk, they gotta get that budget out with some asterisks

Because it's not gonna be a hit on paper with that budget and it'll be hailed on the internet as a flop, because people will fail to consider WHY the budget might be that high, regardless of how it does at the end of the day

Edited by Pinacolada

34 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

The budget for this is absurd.... r u kidding? I literally figured the production budget was like $30m...

I'm sure it's a similar deal as Magic Mike 3, where it was originally ended to be a streaming thing, so they just paid all the actors like 2.5x their salaries, but idk, they gotta get that budget out with some asterisks

Because it's not gonna be a hit on paper with that budget and it'll be hailed on the internet as a flop, because people will fail to consider WHY the budget might be that high, regardless of how it does at the end of the day

The budget happens to be the budget, though, so they are not going to be wrong in that instance       

20 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

holyshit...how on earth does a movie like this have $90M budget ? It sounds insane

Matt , Ben, Viola and Chris Tucker don't come cheap. I read on THR yesterday that some exec said Matt made more from this movie than any non Bourne movie in his career 

3 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

nl21p35cpxra1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

b9urh5jcpxra1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

And the "it's not clear how long the film is playing on the big screen before it'll stream on Prime" is why I'm not sure I'm gonna use my $5 tickets.  It would be a squeeze into the holiday when I already have Mario booked...and I have Prime, so if it's gonna release by the end of the NBA playoffs (or even the end of this month), I'll be in the mood then (and have way more time)...

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

flop and no home media market to save it. The only way to make these types of films is either slashing the budgets massively or just making them for artistic purposes knowing you won't make money

Likely the inflated budget comes from the fact that it was originally planned as a streaming release, so they had to pay out the actor's back-end deals upfront. Guessing this would have been a 50M movie had it been produced intended for a theatrical distribution.