Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

What's this revisionist history where CM had bad reception? This movie has worse PostTrak scores than CM and probably worse Cinemascore as well. Still the reception isn't bad, the movie will be frontloaded but it won't crash and burn. 

I'm talking exclusively about its reception on YouTube.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

What's this revisionist history where CM had bad reception? This movie has worse PostTrak scores than CM and probably worse Cinemascore as well. Still the reception isn't bad, the movie will be frontloaded but it won't crash and burn. 

A lot of the youtube fanboys hated it. Likely because Brie Larson is basically Hitler to a lot of them

• Haha 2

I do think the film possibly being frontloaded can have more to do with expectations rather than bad WOM too.

The film was hyped up as the next big MCU event but honestly after watching it, it doesn’t feel like it. It’s very much it’s own thing I feel. 

36 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

It honestly feels like certain people on here want the movie to fail so if its not "omg its frontloaded" its "omg the overseas drop is gonna be steep"

Well it does not make it any less obvious when the same user has been spamming the same lines in every single Dr Strange thread for 4 days.

Where´s this bad reception is coming from? Every overseas country i looked up reception seems at least good, this is not close to even Eternals reception, much less BvS or something... so yeah i really don´t know how a 270M OS opening would generate a final number below 600M at worst case scenario.

That OS numbers alone basically locks the billion, because even if Deadline number is accurate [and we don´t know yet, it´s very early and Deadline always just guess numbers this early] and somehow the movie open with 185M instead of the +200M + get CW legs, it would still finish with+400M DOM, which is enough to the billion.

And again, reception overseas are good, nothing really worrysome. And in NA we don´t know yet, posttrack numbers are decent, RT verified score are decent, we need cinemascore but A- is probably happening based on the others metrics which isn´t really great but it´s fine, i guess some people are really overestimating some bloggers and RT score [which tbf, isn´t bad either].

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, LVB said:

Captain Marvel was also destroyed by the fanboys.

"Captain Marvel is a missed opportunity."
"The movie is boring"

"The movie is awful"
"Captain Marvel is like a phase one movie"

"Samuel L. Jackson carried the movie"

"Yon-Rogg is the worst villain ever"

All code for “we hate women/M-She-U” crap from right wing morons. 

10 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I liked the movie enough. It was nice to see some of Raimi's style here, OG Evil Dead stuff. But I think the whole "it's a horror movie" and "it's surprisingly violent and gory" stuff is overblown.

Yeh it’s certainly not a straight up horror film and I’d say it has no real on screen gore. Definite horror elements and style though (jump scares, murders, spirits/ghosts, chase scenes etc) 

idk if this thread is passing the vibe check rn 🧐

But honestly, we’ll see how the weekend goes! There’ll be more information relatively soon which will give us a better sense. It’s clearly not the movie that some were expecting, but we’re talking about whether or not this movie hits a billion, and that’s without China, Russia, or basically the entire Middle East. I know NWH is still fresh but that’s impressive regardless :lol:

• Like 1

I fell asleep for a few minutes in the middle of this mess. Apart from the bustling universe and the first end credits scene, there was nothing interesting about this film. The story was not particularly compelling. The new America character was a bore. Raimi and the writers ruined Olsen's character(s). Plus, there was almost no humor in the film.. 

If you liked the movie, then great. It's a big thumbs down from me, though.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Who woulda thought this was going to be such a divisive movie, huh

i think it's cool that marvel are allowing themselves to finally make love it or hate it stuff. it can be dicey but rewarding (for me).

• Like 3

Making love them or hate them movies that I love because they’re good is a good idea, but making love them or hate them movies that I hate because they’re bad is a bad idea :sparta:

• Haha 7
  • Knock It Off 1