Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 minute ago, Eric loves Rey said:

Dude, it's early Deadline numbers.

Last time we said this they were spot on. Remember the Northman/Bad Guys incident?

• Like 1

Demo breakdown from Deadline...

"Last night’s crowd for the Benedict Cumberbatch-Elizabeth Olsen-Rachel McAdams movie was 4 stars on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak with an 81% positive, and the 18-34 crowd at 63%. Men over 25 repped 38% (85% grade), guys under 25 were 24% (79% grade), women over 25 were 23% (77%) while females under 25 repped 16% (81% grade). So far, a 71% definite recommend for the sequel. Diversity demos were 34% Caucasian, 30% Hispanic and Latino, 18% Black and 11% Asian."

https://deadline.com/2022/05/doctor-strange-2-box-office-1235018006/

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Deadline posting Friday numbers for the top 5 lol

Looks like great holds for the others. Apart from Fantastic Beasts 3 obviously. 

A drop in the
50% would be good for FB3 given the juggernaut opposite.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is anyone really surprised that it's frontloaded as hell?

Between spoiler culture, the mixed WOM and not being a family movie... no, not really.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

So first 200m opener to end up below 600m.
Joking - I am not certain it will get to 200m - could see something like 195-198m (just so the 200m 600m rule stays alive).

Not sure that should be a rule/expectation? It's much more been luck, arbitrary - either an unexpected $200, pushing a lot of demand to subsequent weeks (with great WOM), or an opening so massive that $600 was hard to miss. The one exception in the middle was TLJ, which only got there thanks to holiday period

I can't say + 85M OD is bad. He earned as much as the first movie in 1 day. Maybe it's disappointing after presales and after NWH but "bad".. I just can't say it

lets see

Edited by fabiopazzo2

This number may very well turn out to be true but for now it doesnt mean anything , also its deadline early numbers like come on.Yes there have been times that they were right and others that they werent , i do remember the reaction here when they published their midday update for shang chi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goldbricker said:

If box office doesn't reflect the brand's power then what does exactly? Comics is irrelevant because it is too niche a medium. Animation is non-existent. What other medium is left to define the brand exactly beside box office to define the popularity. Again, Superman clearly hasn't been able to perform well at box office. The era of Spider-man, Batman and Superman being the top 3 is long gone. Being known isn't equivalent to being popular

Merchandise Sales, ofc. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

A drop in the
50% would be good for FB3 given the juggernaut opposite.

I said the others were great though, in the 30’s despite Strange. FB3 falling 20% more. 

18 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I can't say + 85M OD is bad. He earned as much as the first movie in 1 day. Maybe it's disappointing after presales and after NWH but "bad".. I just can't say it

lets see

2 days, it includes the $36m from yesterday.