Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A $200M opening weekend for a character whose previous standalone movie made $232M in total is nothing short of astounding. End of.

Legs probably won't be all that great given the automatically frontloaded nature of these movies despite a light schedule for the next few weeks (Firestarter is a flop in waiting, Downton Abbey is likely seeing a bit of a dip from the previous one), but still, yet another huge win for the MCU.

DS2 isn't a stand alone movie in my eyes just how NWH and CW were not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SupermanLego said:

Yes. When its the 3rd movie in the MCU saga to get a B+ tells us something.  It's on the level of Thor the dark world with only eternals being lower,

Or, it tells us that it leans heavily into a genre that always scores lower.  Horror and gore don't get A and A+ ratings.  

Either way, you're completely wrong and insane.  Show me one single data point that says the majority of the people that have seen this movie aren't enjoying it or positive about it.  

Spoiler alert: you won't be able to, it's just something you have made up in your mind to support your unfounded personal opinion.  

• Like 3

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Or, it tells us that it leans heavily into a genre that always scores lower.  Horror and gore don't get A and A+ ratings.  

Either way, you're completely wrong and insane.  Show me one single data point that says the majority of the people that have seen this movie aren't enjoying it or positive about it.  

Spoiler alert: you won't be able to, it's just something you have made up in your mind to support your unfounded personal opinion.  

Here's a data point. If from the 20+ movies of a franchise usually get minimum A-/A/A+ for 10+ years with only 3 including Ds2 have B scores, it indicates that the "CORE" fanbase of that franchise doesn't like the movies with the B scores. This is an MCU movie first not a horror movie. 

12 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Wow, minorities are carrying the MCU.

66% of the audience. 

This lines up with what I've seen everytime an MCU film is released. I first noticed it with Black Panther. The people I saw watching that film were not the typical MCU crowd at the time. Which is why I believe the film did great with the general audience. Then when I checked out MoM audience on Thursday, no one seemed to be over the age of 40, split between men & women with a large Latino, Asian & African American crowd. Granted I live in a diverse city but some movies released here never attract a diverse crowd like that. 

• Like 3

Reading past few pages I wonder if people realize that there is one guy disappointed and 99% of people including all forum regulars complaining about how the forum is finding it disappointing when it isn’t 🧐 

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hope Feige stops giving these creators all this freedom that only seems to backfire. I know there's this media pressure of mixing things up but that's not working. 

TikTok and Twitter specifically, are being very harsh on the movie. Although TikTok I have not seen. Was just told. 

But tbh, Marvel has kinda become a joke on Twitter. Mostly because of the horrendous CGI. Which really is indefensible and inexcusable. 

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It took the Infinity War Saga a while to hit it's stride.

When The Avengers came out the MCU became popular. But Phase 3 is when things went into high gear.

So again, I'm not worried. A slow start is normal for an MCU Saga.

finished my rewatch of the infinity saga recently. phase 1 is a bit rough on the ages but it was slow and there was a clear vision of what they are building towards . phase 4 is building towards something but its the oposite and just feels so rushed . personally its only yelena and kate bishop who have stood out as new characters . chavez was simply a walking a macguffin ,shangchi was fine, the rest well...  .

phase 1 had more time and thought put into it . phase 4 carries the baggage of the shows and movies and will try to cram atleast 3-4 of each into a year. there will be good movies for sure but will  get alot more messy ones too. 

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

How will they recover?

I’m not sure, but anything less than $250 million OW and A cinemascore for Thor 4 and they’re over as far as BOT is concerned 

Relaxed Kermit The Frog GIF by Muppet Wiki

Edited by wildphantom
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

TikTok and Twitter specifically, are being very harsh on the movie. Although TikTok I have not seen. Was just told. 

Gonna be real honest, due to my long, long, long, history in fandom I would not be surprised if half of the lots of the people upset haven’t seen the movie, rather they are just reacting to reactions to the movie. 

Or one BNF has seen it, said bad things, and now that option has become Law Of The Land. 

The TikTok/Twitter/Tumblr fan culture is actually REALLY SLOW to watch the **actual** content. They are not the ones that rush out to see it opening weekend. No joke, I have encountered people who are active in the online fan space yet still refuse to watch Endgame cause Tony and Nat died, and Steve didn’t suck Bucky off at the end.

Moreover, Sometimes they all act like Lea Michelle and can’t read.  They’re not really interested in the actual content, they’re interested in their interpretation of the content. And if the actual content conflicts with or ruins their fan interpretation, they tend to just ignore it.

I’ve already seen this a bunch of times with the new movie. There are some truly wild Hot Takes TM out there

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

The TikTok/Twitter/Tumblr fan culture is actually REALLY SLOW to watch the **actual** content. They are not the ones that rush out to see it opening weekend. No joke, I have encountered people who are active in the online fan space yet still refuse to watch Endgame cause Tony and Nat died, and Steve didn’t suck Bucky off at the end.

Moreover, Sometimes they all act like Lea Michelle and can’t read.  They’re not really interested in the actual content, they’re interested in their interpretation of the content. And if the actual content conflicts with or ruins their fan interpretation, they tend to just ignore it.

Chris Evans Laugh GIF - Chris Evans Laugh Giggle - Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

yeah sure OP Has been trolling . but cmon mcu movies fall in the A range .  those in the A- and below  are considered low tier in terms of audience reception for the franchise.  B plus  Cs is fine but lets not pretend its good either

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaverickXXR said:

So much concern trolling….

On the positive side, I’m very impressed that everyone Managed to get to Saturday morning before we started Concerned trolling!!! Makes me so proud!!

I also think this is the time to bring out the bold face

MODERATION:

Hey All!

It’s not even 11 o’clock on the East Coast. We’ve got another full 24 hours before Saturday’s numbers come in. Let’s not spend that time shit posting and concerned trolling?

And if you see someone doing it, just give them and not cool and move on. Or directly report them.

Can we go back to talking about pasta. Thank you!!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

A B+ MCU movies indicates that majority audience likes the movie ?

Yeah, like, c'mon. The reception is on the weak side, and that is affecting numbers a little. Just cause someone is overly disappointed in it doesn't mean we need to overcorrect.

• Like 1