Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

I should start a blog and buy some bots as an audience so that I can get certified and give every mcu 5/5 fresh (except ds2, probably the only one of 28 that I’d give a rotten). 

It's a bit of a travesty that DS2 has a lower score than Captain Marvel. Not saying I didn't like Captain Marvel but there's no way it was the better movie. Although, the first Captain America movie is criminally underrated so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

As someone who has a club based around Strange doing at least 200 mil, the swing I've seen from "it probably won't make it" to " it will make it and it's a disappointment" is nuts. I don't think anyone realistically thought this would do No Way Home numbers

Let's be real, the same people would find the numbers "disappointing" no matter what they ended up being. I remember people calling NWH a disappointment and saying it was secretly hated by the GA after its second weekend. :hahaha:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

It's a bit of a travesty that DS2 has a lower score than Captain Marvel. Not saying I didn't like Captain Marvel but there's no way it was the better movie. Although, the first Captain America movie is criminally underrated so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Haven’t you not seen DS2 yet?

2 minutes ago, Nerfy said:
2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Let's be real, the same people would find the numbers "disappointing" no matter what they ended up being

This is pretty clearly not true. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/
noun
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Disney is absolutely low balling the Friday gross by about $1.5m.

I was wondering why they had it lower than you and others here reported - which also means $200M+ sill very much in play 

Can’t help but wonder why they lowballed, to that degree anyway 

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Weird thing about Multiverse of Madness is that an MCU skeptic I didn't quite love it, but I kinda imagine that the regular MCU fan also fucking hated it, so it's kind of in a no mans land. 

I liked it, but I had some major issues with it. can't go into it without getting into spoilers, I've seen every MCU film in theaters so I guess I am a pretty big MCU fan lol

We really need to stop generalizing the board when it’s like 2 trolls who are saying the numbers aren’t good. Sure some people may not like the movie very much but they aren’t denying the numbers are fine. And even then, it’s ok to be personally disappointed if you had expectations for the movie(maybe doing better) if it was received very well. 

I also can understand people just being disappointed in general if they didn’t enjoy the movie. When we’re fans of these franchises and you’ve been seeing trailers, set photos etc for years and then the movie comes out and you don’t like it that certainly sucks. While I liked the movie more then some this is nowhere near top quality marvel, it’s just I liked it more then what’s come out recently cause I haven’t really been that impressed with stuff after EG. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

I was wondering why they had it lower than you and others here reported - which also means $200M+ sill very much in play 

It's a classic case of getting two big headlines. You have the first headline where the movie opened to a really strong number, with the press adulating your movie and keeping you in the conversation. Then when the actuals go even higher, you get even more headlines, people going crazy, and you can go to the press and show how it did "better than expected" and that it's a real, true winner. A very effective marketing strategy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I actually like Black Widow because it's self contained, but I guess I'm in the minority of that.

Me too, I thought Black Widow was great. One of my favourites, but I’m a bit bias lol

13 minutes ago, M37 said:

I almost never say a studio is manipulating their numbers, but the number for Friday (including Thursday previews) absolutely is not $90m flat.  That is just a nice round estimate and my guess is they want to make sure they can get it over $200m opening.  

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Weird thing about Multiverse of Madness is that an MCU skeptic I didn't quite love it, but I kinda imagine that the regular MCU fan also fucking hated it, so it's kind of in a no mans land. 

I can’t imagine why they would have hated it? Might not have been their favourite, but it was comfortably as good as at least half of the movies. If they went in expecting Endgame then that’s on them. 

I did think going in that the ‘scary’ talk might mean a no go for kids in subsequent weeks. It’s nowhere near that bad.  There’s just as disturbing stuff in Raimi’s Spidey films. 

Edited by wildphantom